Fonction professionnelle: Manufacturing
Type de poste: Contrat A Duree Indeterminee
Type de contrat: Temps plein
Site: Somerset, NJ
Job Title: Packaging Line Mechanic (2nd Shift)
Location: 100 Commerce Drive Somerset, NJ 08873
Shift Information: 2nd Shift, Monday to Friday 2:45PM-10:55PM
Packaging mechanics are responsible for maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement of all packaging machinery and systems. A Packaging Mechanic must have working knowledge of the production process, items produced, and equipment utilized in maintaining production within specific norms and standards. They will lead TPM methodologies on their lines and must be willing to use data to drive improvement projects.
What we are looking for:
Nice to have:
What’s In It For YOU:
Additional Benefits: Shift Differential & Opportunity for Overtime, Growing business with opportunity for advancement, Vacation purchase plan, Learning & Development Opportunities, Employee Resource Groups, Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Clean & Climate-controlled environment
Full Job Description below:
Job Title: Packaging Line Mechanic I (2nd Shift, Monday to Friday 2:45PM-10:55PM)
Division: L’Oréal Dermatological Beauty
Location: Somerset, NJ
Reports To: Technical Manager
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Dermatological Beauty, our mission is to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin. Our division is the world leader in dermo-cosmetics by adding health to beauty. Our brands portfolio includes CeraVe, La Roche-Possay, Vichy, SkinCeuticals offering a range of skincare and haircare products to respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin.
What You Will Learn:
Packaging mechanics are responsible for maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement of all packaging machinery and systems. A Packaging Mechanic must have working knowledge of the production process, items produced, and equipment utilized in maintaining production within specific norms and standards. At all times, Packaging Mechanics must maintain a safe work environment, follow all safety procedures, and complete all physical demands listed in the "Physical Demands" section using safe ergonomic techniques. A Packaging Mechanic must ensure that all work completed meets our quality standards and is completed in a safe manner aligned with our Quality and Safety Policies while adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices. Packaging Mechanics must make independent decisions daily, knowing when to involve others. They will lead TPM methodologies on their lines and must be willing to use data to drive improvement projects.
1. Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical equipment as assigned
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical diagrams
- Use and understand troubleshooting tools (Root Cause Analysis)
- Take action to repair equipment including modification of design, replacement of parts, adjustment of equipment settings, etc.
- Assessment of material requirements, requisition placement
2. Maintain all mechanical equipment as assigned
- Implement improvements to equipment
- Return equipment to standard
- Preventative maintenance
- Assessment of material requirements, requisition placement
- Organize and maintain all technical documentation for assigned equipment
3. Clearly communicate status of equipment/known issues/action plans with supervisors, mechanics, operators, and other employees on all shifts and in all departments, including strong shift change handoff of information, knowing when/how to elevate as appropriate.
4. Train others within job function and work to become Subject Matter Expert as required.
Execute and coach on sanitization.
5. Maintain open communication (verbal and written) with supervisors, mechanics, other employees, and complete paper and computer work (refer to specific department duties); Fully utilize all required systems (asset management, etc.).
6. Lead, train, and coach TPM initiatives.
- Participate in line improvement teams
- Propose and implement improvements to the line within the line improvement team as well as independently
- Effectively use data to develop action plans to address downtime
- Utilize PDCA cycle for communication and decision making
7. Maintain machine standards and implement best practices, including safety, quality, equipment design, and nominal settings.
What We Are Looking For:
* 1-2 years’ experience in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting (education plus experience, including military technical training);
* Must be able to read and interpret mechanical diagrams;
* Must be able understand basic electricity and basic motor controls;
* Understand and maintain machine safety standards;
* Understand equipment design best practices; Technical aptitude to diagnose operation of equipment.
* Proven ability to perform root cause analysis to define and resolve problems.
* Computer knowledge to operate manufacturing systems.
* Manual dexterity and control of movement to work with tools.
* Read and comprehend written instructions and reports.
* Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime.
* Prolonged standing; continuous movement in and around packaging line.
* Frequent bending and stooping.
Judgment and Decision Making:
Decisions made by the Packaging Mechanic can directly impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environment and Morale. They must make these decisions with only intermittent involvement from Supervision based on the knowledge gained from their trainings.
* Safety: Fully supports an independent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of Zero Accidents.
* Quality: Supports and embraces the quality mission of the plant.
* Delivery: The ability of the packaging mechanic to meet the production demands ensures that our customers receive our products on time.
* Cost: Operation of the packaging mechanic activities according to the standards ensure that cost to produce is aligned with the financials.
* Environment: Supports and embraces the environmental mission of the plant.
* Morale: Must be an actively engaged employee exhibiting a positive attitude and a focus on teamwork to achieve best in class results.
What’s In It For You:
* Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
* Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, & More!)
* Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
* Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
* Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
* Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs