Title: Customer Development Manager – ULTA BEAUTY
| || |
? Location: Deerfield – L’Oreal CPD Office
? Field: Sales
? Required Work Experience: 3-5 Years
You have a love for beauty, a creative energy and an innovative spirit! In this role, as the Category Development Manager for the ULTA Beauty CPD Sales Team, it will be you who provides support to the Sales Team and Field Sales VP calling on our L’Oreal CPD brands at ULTA Beauty. You will identify business opportunities and strategies to grow the CPD brands across all categories. You will provide insights and analysis based on facts and key learnings from the customer. You have an exceptional attention to detail, ability to multi-task, knowledge of trade math, financial and basic P&L elements. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, proficiency in computer applications and systems – to include Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and the ability to tell a sales story using facts and data.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Manage/Maintain ULTA POS database
- Compose and Publish Twice Monthly Business Assessments
- In collaboration with ULTA Sales Team, prepare and publish Divisional sales meeting presentations:
- JPA, NACDS, MRM, National Sales Meetings, etc.
- Manage/Maintain and Publish Weekly Retail Trackers
- Monitor retail trends – make recommendations to impact sales and sell in
- Publish Monthly CPD eComm POS Reports
- Publish Weekly New Item Communications (as determined by Divisions)
- Develop New Item Sales Projections – in partnership with NAM and Divisional Demand Planning
- Collaborate with NAM and ULTA Beauty planners on New Item pipe forecasts
- Add/Delete Recommendations – in partnership with NAM and Divisional Marketing partners
- Cosmetics Wall Productivity Analysis
- Store of the Future KPI tracking (cosmetics only)
- Assist NAM with sales projections
- Attend meetings and present brand/category insights/overview
- New Items
- Coordinate and publish monthly Divisional forecast materials/communications
- Weekly order updates/flow
- Identify and collaborate with Sales Team on sell in opportunities and current POS and inventory trends that will impact the forecast
- Provide insights on new item inventory position at launch – ensure in stock levels
- Collaborate with ULTA Beauty planners and CPD Supply Chain partners
- Monitor top item inventory levels
- Coordinate with NAM/Supply Chain partners on sell-in opportunities
- Assist NAM with exit strategy for deletes (returns management)
- POG Analysis
- BDP/JBP Support
- Promotional Analysis - Provide post-promotion recaps
- Inventory Management
The Network you would Work With
- Internally, you will build strong relationships on the Sales Team with members of the ULTA Beauty CPD Sales Team, as well as NY based colleagues: Field Sales Vice President, SVP, and NSMs
- Internally, you will build strong relationships on the Marketing Team with members of the L’Oreal CPD brand teams assigned to work on ULTA Beauty
- You will have close contact with L’Oreal CPD Category Management across all beauty categories
- You will also have contact and interaction with other sales team members with similar brand focus.
- You will consistently present in front of senior management within L’Oreal CPD. In addition, you will have interaction with the Shopper Marketing, Sales Administration, Brand Operations, Finance, Supply Chain departments and Customer Service.
- Externally you will be in close contact with ULTA Beauty’s buying team to include the VP of Mass Beauty, Senior Category Buyer, Re-buyer, Customer Service, Advertising Department, Marketing Department and Planogram Department.
Potential next steps with L'Oreal after this role
- After a successful approximately 2 – 3 year period in this position, the possible next steps could be CDM on a larger business, internal New York positions within Sales – such as Shopper Marketing, or Brand Operations, or Field Positions - National Account Manager, Key Account Manager Account Category Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Know-How required
- Completion of a 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related area.
- 3+ years of experience in account management and/or merchandising in the consumer products industry.
- Flexibility for overnight travel for periodic business needs.
- A Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to create an account specific selling story by utilizing a combination of syndicated data, POS and internal shipment information.
- Is in touch with the beauty business and has an understanding of current retailing and product trends within the beauty industry.
- Requires strong analytical skills and the ability to create and manage an account specific selling story by utilizing a combination of syndicated data and CRM data
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management effectively
- Must be able to achieve the necessary results
- Very flexible to change
- Ability to multi-task
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Exceptional computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- Business, Trade Math and Language application skills
- Proficiency in account specific data retrieval software
- Requires effective interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Solid presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Financial P & L management.
- Influencing Skills
- Knowledge of Nielsen
- Account specific software
- Knowledge of CRM data
- Proficiency in eComm and Social Networking
L'Oreal USA is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
With limited exception, candidates must be legally authorized to work without employer sponsorship, both currently and in the future.