For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
At SalonCentric, we aim to be the Center of the Beauty Community for our guests to get inspired and continue their education while creating a Beautiful Place to Work for our team.
As a Human Resources Manager supporting the Store Division, you will work closely with the Director of HR, District Managers and Regional Directors in developing and implementing the regional employee strategy, creating the culture and driving the strategy within the regional store network. The Manager will work to attract, recruit, and develop talent and assist in managing the employee culture and employee systems within their assigned region to align with the overall business strategy. Position requires proven experience of a multi-unit/multi-state retail store network. This position can be located in Colorado, Illinois, or Minnesota and will travel up to 25% of the time as needed.
- Provide counsel, feedback and coaching on broad ranging issues including business operations, process and all associate related actions that enhance the individual growth and performance of respected region(s).
- Work strategically to diagnose problems, analyze data, identify root causes and recommend solutions for HR related business issues. In partnership with the Director of Human Resources, develop creative solutions for improvement.
- Participate in business leadership meetings as needed to identify associate impact (development, associate relations, performance management, talent management, etc), relating to business strategies.
- Visit store locations, partnering with field leadership to identify issues and provide coaching and guidance to store management on all HR related issues. Specific focus to include staffing, training, performance and development and compliance.
Staffing, Development & Succession Planning
- Manage recruitment strategy within the assigned region(s) and selection activities. Specifically, understand the retail environment and maintain high standards for candidate selection on all managerial level candidates.
- Oversees recruitment timelines and ensures a sense of urgency for all vacancies within assigned region(s). Is able to perform all recruitment aspects to ensure timely placement of candidates as necessary.
- Participates in talent reviews, succession planning, and annual salary planning and performance management process.
- Provide consultation and support to field management on talent matters, sourcing needs and strategic placement of talent in a timely fashion.
- Work with hiring managers to ensure successful on-boarding for new hires
- Manage, understand and analyze employee turnover within assigned region(s). Recommend appropriate strategies and partner with Director, Human Resources to impact employee turnover.
- Process all employee transactions to include, new hire paperwork, job requisitions, status changes and terminations, etc.
- Maintains all personnel files for the assigned region(s).
- Provide advice and recommendations in all areas of Human Resources related programs, policies, issues and laws.
- Provide coaching and counseling to management and staff
- Collaborate with Director of HR and Legal Counsel on issues as appropriate
- Conduct and document investigations pertaining to unemployment, harassment, discrimination, etc in accordance with company guidelines as well as directives by company legal department.
- Coach field management through conflict management/resolution, discipline/corrective action, policy and procedures and labor law compliance.
- Manages day-to-day activities of the HR Reporting and Analytics team including both project and support requests
- Oversee the operations for data management, reporting and governance, including testing, and ongoing validation to maintain accuracy and integrity of systems and reports.
- Ensures the data integrity and security of the HR reporting, analytics, and business intelligence systems.
- Drives best practices, change management, and analytical understanding across HR
- Partners with cross functional management to lead the on-going process to enhance our HR reporting so that we can build greater people analytics capabilities in the future to better support and inform our business.
- Oversees the design and develop of accurate dashboards, reports, presentations, and visual aids for on-demand access through business intelligence applications.
- Serves as liaison between internal/external customers to ensure effective definition and delivery of the HR Reporting, Analytics
- Consults with internal customers and senior leadership to understand information needs and build reporting solutions of a complex nature to provide insights for decision making and measure performance
- Manages projects related to system patches, enhancements, upgrades, implementations or conversions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Minimum BA/BS degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years diverse and progressive Human Resources experience in a generalist capacity dealing with complex business and Human Resources issue (employee relations, coaching/counseling, change management, talent acquisition, compensation & benefits etc.)
- HR Systems Management experience
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, regulations and requirements related to HR including, Wage and Hour, LOA’s, EEO, ADA, workers compensation and others.
- Has demonstrated recruiting experience using multiple sourcing techniques and ability to seek out creative strategies on an ongoing basis.
- Strong experience in retail Human Resources environment required.
- Proven ability to develop strategic working relationships with leaders and act as a strategic partner on all people related decisions.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% and work weekends as necessary to attend and participate in meetings and events
- Project management skills, team orientation, commitment to service and quality
- Creative problem solving and strategic thinking skills with strong business acumen
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements
- Strong computer proficiency: Experience with human resource information systems required
- Ability to drive and support change initiatives
- Strategic and business focused
- Challenging, Influential, Knowledgeable and Innovative
- Able to sit for more than 80% of work day
- Able to use computer and various office equipment for the majority of the work day
Fabulous FT Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and PTO benefits, just to name a few
- Cell Phone Provider Discounts such as with Verizon and AT&T
- A generous employee discount on the best brands in the business
To learn more about the position and what the company is up to, please follow us on:
THIS IS A FULL TIME AND EXEMPT POSITION.
THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES DESCRIBED ARE NOT A COMPREHENSIVE LIST AND ADDITIONAL TASKS MAY BE ASSIGNED TO THE EMPLOYEE FROM TIME TO TIME
SALON CENTRIC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND AFFORDS EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL APPLICANTS FOR ALL POSITIONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR ANY OTHER STATUS PROTECTED UNDER LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAWS.