Title: National Account Manager – New Business Development
Team: CPD Sales – L’Oreal Paris, MNY, Essie, Garnier, NYX
Reports to: VP – CPD New Business Development
Mission and defining characteristics:
Member of CPD New Business Development Team, focused on developing and building organic new business across new customers including club, value channel and additional classes of trade. Full execution and optimization of sales fundamentals in order to proactively drive shipments, net sales, and market share growth opportunities within white space.
Category expert for the full Brand portfolio and competitive products within the Beauty Categories for specific customers. Accountable for collaborating on the prospecting and opening of new customers within white space.
- Help identify new business opportunities in existing customers as well as new customers.
- Drive the business as customer leader, by collaborating with multifunctional team and animating peer functions: marketing, supply chain, finance, category development. Work within existing process and protocols as well as help pioneer the process for new business and white space to help the company maximize it potential and productivity in this area.
- Drive a customer-centric omnichannel approach and build a strong relationship with all relevant stakeholders at customer for category
- Analyze and define the growth levers relevant to customer with specific focus on the shopper so selling is through shopper insights
- Propose and align the Brand Sales customer strategy with CBVP
- Develop and negotiate JBP’s with buyers specific to the new business class of trade.
- Drive category strategy agenda created by BBD as well as influence BBD with respect to what is needed to win in alignment with Brand priorities for customer
- Engage multifunctional support for strategy implementation and 360 growth levers for category, including CRM
- Lead with an achievement oriented mind-set
- Build and achieve the omnichannel customer plan and results for category based on category strategy as lead seller
- Track sales and forecasting and proactively derive actions in alignment with CBVP to address gaps and opportunities
- Work with ecommerce team to grow e-share of business for category where applicable
- New Business Development Team
- Support field teams: Operations and Supply, Commercial Finance, ACMs, Customer Marketing, Merchandising, Digital, et al.
Measures of success:
- Deliver sales target and brand sales fundamentals for category incl. sell in/sell out, net sales, profitability OTIF, retail execution, distribution points and ROI
- Increasing the retail footprint of CPD in the marketplace beyond traditional spaces.
- Assist with overhead optimization by bringing in meaningful new business.
- Forecast accuracy
- Achievement of top strategic priorities for relevant category
- Market category penetration for New Business Development with key focus on value channel, convenience, club and other
- Team 360° feedback
- Advantage/ Kantar scores
- Retailer scorecard
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a customer-facing role
- Proven knowledge of retailer strategies and objectives
- Strong knowledge of customer strategy and key levers as well as competitors
- Deep knowledge of beauty and personal care, specifically for given category
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Leadership skills, negotiation skills, and strong ability to collaborate and communicate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.