NA MSC Job Description – Launch Manager
*This position is an anticipated opening. This position requires candidates to be flexible to work in New Jersey, Kentucky or Arkansas.
Position Summary: Manage the manufacturing activities related to new products/ projects and be the voice of the factory to the external stakeholders
- Discuss and validate the project timelines with the new product development teams
- Ensure the efficient relationship and communication with the factory’s departments (Logistics/Industrial Quality/Production Floor) and its external customers related to timelines of all launches
- Ensure follow up to insure all key miles stones in the plant are met
- Work with the Master Scheduler to define the prioritization and planning of launches within the production plan
- Communicate and influence with all stakeholders
- Work with new suppliers and ensure any new components or raw materials are delivered in accordance with the planning requirements
- Develop all logistics requirements (specifications) for launch including optimal minimum order quantity and leadtime requirements
- Communicate production availability dates for launches to Corporate Planning
- Responsible for launch availability sheets as required by Division
- Issue any alerts to all internal and external stakeholders
- Support Purchasing in the development of relationships with suppliers
- Responsible for the Bill of material creation process in SAP according to the information received from Packaging and new product development
- Ensure a robust process with Master Production Scheduling and the Procurement team to determine when launch items move to ongoing products.
Technical Requirements & Personal Competencies:
- SAP experience preferred
- Advanced Excel strongly recommended (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs)
- Must have strong written/verbal and communication and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics.
- Must have strong leadership skills with relevant experience in project management, manufacturing practices and dealing with internal/external customers.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to interface with plant and corporate personnel at various organizational levels and external suppliers.
- Ability to manage change, provide program management and achieve results.
- Fully Supports an interdependent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of zero accidents.
- Supports and embraces the Quality and Environmental missions of the Plant.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must selflessly develop others.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding and have a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Engineering or Supply Chain discipline preferred.
- [5+] years of experience in a high performance manufacturing facility - cosmetics industry preferred.
- APICS, CIPM, or NAPM, CPM certification preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.