Fonction professionnelle: Manufacturing
Type de poste: Contrat A Duree Indeterminee
Type de contrat: Temps plein
Site: North Little Rock, AR
Job Title: Processor
Division: L’Oreal Operations
Location: North Little Rock, AR
Shift: 3rd (12-hour nights)
Reports To: Cell Manager
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence
solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the
best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity, and responsibility to satisfy all beauty
needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our
business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6
billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We
are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
To weigh and mix components (raw materials) according to manufacturing procedure
efficiently and safely within the established quality and production standards.
What We Are Looking For
• High school education or a GED equivalency preferred
• Qualify to wear respirators.
• Complete forklift certification.
• Demonstrate basic essential mathematical skills of addition and subtraction.
• Must be able to read and understand scales calibrated in metric format and be able to
use the metric system in all aspects of this position.
• Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
General Job Duties
• Mix ingredients, according to formula.
• Weigh raw materials according to the formula, using the FlexNet system.
• Retrieve supplies from warehouse/storage area.
• Open valves to start pumps to transfer specified amounts and types of liquids from
storage tanks into mixing tanks.
• Activate mixing tank agitators and set timers to mix ingredients for a specific period of
• Observe gauge readings on mixing tanks and adjust temperature and flow meter
controls when readings vary from established norms.
• Obtain samples of solutions throughout the process to be analyzed for color, viscosity, pH
balance, and gravity.
• Maintain knowledge and practice of Quality and Safety Policies, Line Manual Book
Procedures, Good Manufacturing Procedures, and Reject Percent (refer to specific
• Open valves and pump finished formulas into storage tanks/drums or one-handled
• Operate milling machine when directed by the manufacturing procedure.
• Maintain cordial, professional relationship with supervisor and co-workers.
• Practice teamwork, relieve others for breaks/lunches, and assist others as time permits.
• Be able to track downtime, waiting time and breakdown time correctly and remain
productive during these times.
• Complete paperwork and minimal computer work.
• Report machine and equipment malfunctions to mechanical personnel and use
Maintenance Connection to enter equipment malfunctions electronically.
• Coordinate “changeovers” in production, clean equipment, and perform other custodial
• Perform other duties as directed.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED IN JOB
• Occasionally use safety scissors, safety knife, wrench, spatula, hoses, metal clamps, pliers,
• Occasionally use large equipment such as E-Z lifts, pallet jacks (electronic and manual),
Power Worker (Tugger), and forklift.
• Machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are
provided with and required to wear personal hearing protection devises in these areas.
• Tanks may be hot, therefore creating a potential burn hazard: Protective sleeves may be
• Raw materials and cleaning products may produce potential respiratory hazards:
Employees are provided with and may/must wear particulate respirators or other
respirators when appropriate.
• Employees are required to operate forklifts: Chemist Helpers must successfully complete
forklift operator training.
• The processing of liquids and powders may create slippery surfaces.
• Chemist Helpers are provided with and required to wear safety glasses, steel-toed shoes
and safety gloves.
• All employees are properly trained in use of adjunct lifting/moving equipment and on
proper body mechanics.
MANIPULATION REQUIREMENTS: (HANDS OR FEET) This position requires an individual to
constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions: Handle, reach, feel,
perform fine motor manipulations with their hands, and performing gross motor manipulations
involved in assembly, loading components, and moving equipment/supplies.
• May substitute or fill-in for Service Worker or other positions.
• Lifting in excess of 50 lbs.
• Read, understand, follow, and document the specific instructions listed on the
• Perform mathematical calculations.
• Work independently and as a team member, make decisions, and use adequate
organizational and time management skills.
• Work well as a team member.
• Do the physical demands required for the job (lifting, moving, etc.) using safe
• Have visual/auditory acuity required to read weights on product labels and hear
• Have working knowledge of the production process, items produced, and
equipment utilized in maintaining production/processing within specific industrial
norms and standards.
• Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures.
• Ensure a high standard of quality and follow all quality and GMP procedures.
• Communicate well with other employees and supervisors.
• Plan in advance for a “changeover” and coordinate services with the next shift to
efficiently minimize downtime.
• Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime.
• Demonstrate good attendance.
• Must selflessly develop others.
• Must thrive within a changing organization.
• Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal
• Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and
• Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
• Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
• Must implement and utilize the NLR L’Oreal USA communication model.
• Resolve conflicts directly.
• Must listen for understanding.
• Must have a positive attitude.
• Must be committed to team decisions.
What’s In It for You:
• Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
• Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program,
Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
• Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products,
Monthly Mobile Allowance)
• Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn
Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
• Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
• Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse,
inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience
doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to
apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love
to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring,
training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability,
or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or
apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable
accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you
need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and
adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We
must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other.