Type d‘emploi: Temps plein
Ville: London - Hammersmith
Pays: United Kingdom
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
What are key highlights of this role?
L'Oréal's is looking for an Indirects Buyer to complement our indirect category team for the UKI. A strong experience in multiple indirect categories, you are proficient at identifying efficiency opportunities within your categories, stakeholder engagement, end to end (TCO) evaluations, supporting & having input in a strong strategic vision that our business can work to. Ideally you come from a proven background in indirect sourcing and can show experience within 3 or more categories.
1. Contribute to the strategy: Reporting into the Senior Buyer, also liaising with our Global category managers in Paris, ensure the strategies for UKI are relevant to local market specificities and ensure we contribute to global strategies.
2. Be accountable for the procurement processes, ensuring we measure and reduce risk & deliver best value for money at a pace commensurate with the business objectives.
3. Have experience of delivering change – new supplier solutions, new tools, new ways of working in a complex multi-brand environment.
4. Influence & or lead commercial reviews and to
identify and deliver:
• Improved standards of performance and contribution from the right suppliers
• Internal efficiency improvements
• Cost savings opportunities and reduced total cost of
• Incremental added value from our indirect suppliers
5. Engage with many & varied stakeholders to define user requirements to form the basis of a full request for proposal (RFP), on-board new suppliers &/or ways-of-working where necessary& monitor compliance with negotiated contracts
6. Constantly seek out new opportunities to increase Purchasing’s Share of Voice and ensure that we are at the table in the right conversations and the right time
7. Be “comfortable with Finance” so that you can clearly explain the intended impact on the company P&L
The ideal candidate will have 3 years minimum experience in Purchasing, confident and highly motivated. Showing advanced influencing skills and a proven track record of identifying & delivering cost savings in the indirects space. They will also command a solid commercial understanding and ability to engage with all stakeholders and project streams.
Essential skills required
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an understanding in buying processes and techniques, preferably in the FMCG industry. You must also be able to demonstrate a team-orientated approach in addition to the following:
What could L’Oréal offer me?