Section 1: (General Information)
Job Title: Salon Development Executive I
Function: Business Development
Supervisor Title: Assistant Vice President Field Sales
Location: Field Sales/Remote
Section 2: Job Summary
The Salon Development Executive I has the responsibility to meet or exceed new partnership and assigned PPD sales objectives as well as individual brand goals to drive profitable growth. In addition, the Salon Development Executive I will maintain relationships with assigned Level loyalty accounts across all PPD brands in their territory to drive in-salon market share. This position also represents each of the PPD brands in the quest to help salon owners and stylists become better business partners, utilizing the current PPD strategic programs and partnerships, as well as any new ones developed. This person will work in alignment with the PPD brand teams along with their SalonCentric partners.
Section 3: Job Requirements: (Typical years of experience, skills, certification and academic background to perform this job)
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years proven sales and leadership experience with emphasis on multi / omni channel sales experience, including consultative selling
- Experience within the consumer products industry working with a distributor based organization and structure. Beauty industry experience preferred.
- Proven ability to drive results through expert influencing and communication skills
- Ability to assess strategic customer needs and build alliances
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making: (Describe the nature and impact of decisions required for this position as well as the type of supervision required for this position from the following; Close, Moderate, Intermittent, Non
Judgment and Decision Making:
Exercise sound judgement to plan for and manage accounts.
- Interpersonal and advanced presentation skills
- Excellent selling, organization, negotiation and planning skills
- Positive energy, enthusiasm for the salon and beauty industry
- Must live in designated geographical area
- Ability to travel extensively and work weekends as needed
- Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
- Ability to be flexible, embrace change and be a team player
- Strong ability to manage complexity: manages multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with a focus on prioritization and quality. Forward thinking and problem solving.
- Achieves Results with Integrity: demonstrates engagement and availability, stays proactive, focuses on results and delivers results respecting the L’Oreal Code of Ethics. Performs tasks with high level of detail. Ability to come up with innovative solutions.
- Innovates: shows curiosity to grow and develop. Derives creative solutions to generate business value.
This position requires intermittent supervision as incumbent will be working independently the majority of the time in the field directly with our brand, distributor and account partners.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements (if applicable – i.e. lifting – exactly how much, bending, climbing, driving equipment):
Extensive travel within given territory (driving, flying, train, etc.), lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pound which may also require bending.
Section 6: Financial Scope (if applicable):
Annual Budget Responsibility: TBD
Annual Revenue Responsibility: TBD
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary duties/responsibilities of the job. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent. Total should = 100%
1. NEW PARTNERSHIPS:
- Work with MAG data to develop current targets lists to gain PPD distribution. Maintain a rolling target list of potential new salon clients.
- Validate salon potential utilizing Summit scorecard.
- Execute ongoing meetings with salon partnership prospects, identifying salon and brand opportunities.
- Develop new partnership agreements by including Salon Emotion, Digital, LEVEL, Summit and Social Media.
- Establish New Partnership Event strategy for the market in conjunction with brands, Summit and SalonCentric.
- Work with brand education partners to schedule demos to secure new business.
2. CULTIVATING EXISTING LEVEL LOYALTY ACCOUNTS :
- Strategically identify high potential Level accounts and develop plan to maximize ISMS.
- Develop strategic business plans for assigned LEVEL accounts.
- Execute bi-annual business review meetings with assigned LEVEL accounts.
- Partner with salons and brand support to provide value added business building tools including but not limited to Salon Emotion, Summit, Digital and Social Media.
- Optimize LEVEL loyalty through business and education planning.
- Lead Pre-Call Planning and Post-Call Follow-Up including call recaps and written
- confirmation to client as appropriate Includes recommendations and sales of Academy classes, Global Experiences and LPBF.
- Identify top level accounts for
- Post updates in SF.com as needed for New Partnership and account status.
- Plan and strategize for SC QAMs.
- Manage fuel budget.
- Monthly status commentary for territory.
- Other admin may include Concur expense reporting, Egencia travel planning and E-Learnings as required.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary competencies that are core requirements for this position, in order of importance. Different from job responsibilities, these are “soft skills” that are required for success. Please refer to the L’Oreal USA MAP competencies. Examples include managing complexity, interacts effectively, innovates, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.