Fonction professionnelle: Research & Innovation
Type de poste: Permanent
Type de contrat: Full - Time
Site: Clark, NJ
Pays: United States
Inside L’Oréal's Research & Innovation Division, the Product Safety Organization is responsible for the safety evaluation, testing and documentation of raw materials and finished formulations developed by, or acquired by L’Oréal USA, in compliance with global regulations and guidelines. The safety testing program consists of in-vitro as well as clinical test methodologies. This is a technical position that will require in-depth working knowledge of toxicology and safety risk assessments, experience in problem solving and execution of tasks related to approval of raw materials and finished formulations either developed by, or acquired by L’Oréal USA, prior to market launch.
As a Senior Scientist II...
Evaluate ingredients, raw materials and formulations for internal and external labs based on risk assessments conducted and communicate safety approvals through product specific meetings
• Assist with compiling and reviewing of Cosmetic Safety Reports for compliance with EU and other global regulations
• Interact with various groups within Safety, Regulatory and Claims (SRC), to ensure sufficient supporting data (in vitro and/or clinical safety studies) is developed and executed to substantiate safety of raw materials and finished formulations
• Conduct literature searches as needed to generate robust safety assessments
• Proactively participate in discussions on internal safety positions
• Represent Product Safety at product development meetings to provide safety support of new and existing product development
• Be expected to effectively communicate across the organization to provide clear recommendations on various safety issues to both scientific and non-scientific audiences
• 4+ years of experience in cosmetics/personal care/consumer healthcare industries
• Expertise in general toxicology concepts, especially skin/eye irritation, skin sensitization, genotoxicity and phototoxicity
• Extensive knowledge and proficiency in risk assessment principles/practices are essential
• Excellent communication (verbal, written) and interpersonal skills required
• Experience working with OTC products
• Solid organizational skills and flexibility to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced highly matrixed environment while meeting established deadlines
• Demonstrated skills in analyzing, reporting and documenting information with attention to detail
• The ability to work independently in a matrix environment both as a team member and as a leader
- Able to make decisions independently and assess when escalation is appropriate. Responsible for the product evaluation for the Americas Region and will collaborate with international colleagues to ensure global consistency, efficiency, and harmonization.
If you want to learn more about our commitment to Consumer Safety, take a look inside our products! https://inside-our-products.loreal.com/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.