For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementary of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
This position mission is to support and sustain Beauty Devices sourcing strategy that will revolutionize the world of Beauty, in collaboration with R&I, Marketing, and Operations.
REPORTING – Reports to Leader – Sourcing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine component requirements from engineering for new product development or sustaining programs
- Support product cost reduction effort through sourcing, negotiation, and/or volume purchases.
- Evaluate vendor lead times, pricing, reliability, and quality. Research alternate vendors where appropriate.
- Prepare purchase orders and bid proposals.
- Develop sources of supply for new products and prototypes per sourcing strategy
- Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Support budget, trend and PPV preparation and align with finance on reporting accuracy
- Manage vendor onboarding process and prepare social, quality and financial audits
- Review and manage defective materials with Supplier Quality Engineering team and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or supply chain or engineering related field or minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Proven ability to develop and execute action plans that achieve company goals.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform and produce results in multifunctional teams in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a wider L’Oreal team
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate with respect to standard word processing, spreadsheet and scheduling software. SAP knowledge preferred.
- A customer oriented focus.
- Ability to communicate & collaborate effectively, good follow through, & sense of urgency
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Interacts with human sensitivity – shares know-how expertise, knowledge, procedures with team and stakeholders utilizing an effective coaching approach
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship – takes ownership of his/her mission and contribution and develops drives innovative solutions
- Displays sensitivity to our “métier” – drives his/her contribution to achieve customer satisfaction
- Achieves timely results with integrity – prides themselves on producing ethically sound work & meeting deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.