Position Title: Technical Program Director, Augmented Beauty Technical Incubator
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey (Hybrid)
Department: Augmented Beauty Technical Incubator
Reports Into: Assistant Vice President, Augmented Beauty
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 4,100 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, open to the world. L’Oréal, Research & Innovation is a vast, multidisciplinary, scientific community working in more than 30 specialized fields, spread out across the world in 21 research centers across 6 regional hubs, 14 evaluation centers, and 49 scientific and regulatory departments. Our employees represent over 60 nationalities and are united for one passion: to invent and perfect innovative, high-performance products for the well-being of all across the world.
To discover more on our scientific and technical functions at L'Oréal Research & Innovation, please check out our website
The Augmented Beauty Team's Mission is to elevate consumer’s beauty experience for all with technologies combining state-of-the-art cosmetic formula, software, and hardware. For example, our global team has launched Skinceuticals Custom D.O.S.E, YSL Rouge Sur Mesure, Colorsonic, and the recently unveiled Hapta and Brow Magic at CES 2023, winning 6 CES Innovation Awards
The L’Oréal Tech Incubator is looking for a Technical Program Director with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a Program Management position. This role requires a hybrid on-site schedule in Jersey City, NJ, and occasional domestic & international travels (~5%).
You will be leading multiple projects/programs, from ideation to launch within a cross functional team passionate about innovation. Your impact will be global and like an entrepreneur backed by the worldwide beauty leader, you will have the means to design, industrialize, consumer test and launch consumer facing tech products. The new hire will have the responsibility to deliver product partnering with external start-ups and world-class experts and manufacturing partners. Solid Project Management bases including the use of processes, tools and rituals to deploy on the mass market are a must. Comfortable with open challenges, taking initiatives and finding pragmatic solution despite the unknown, the Technical Program Director will be involved to transform our organization with new product and processes from design practices to commercial life and after market surveillance. At the intersection of a strategic go-getter and a humble team leader, we are looking for the next talent who will create with us new to world tech beauty tech product.
As a Technical Program Director in our Augmented Beauty Tech Incubator Team, your main responsibilities are:
- Define product requirements along with the Innovation Team, the Engineering Team and the Business
- Understand what makes the device unique for business, user and feasibility to drive delivery and quality effectively
- Bring and empower all L’Oréal entities to deploy on a day to day the project plan - seek excellence and details to meet luxury expectations
- Adjust in real time your project plan to support Business priorities
- Assess risks, build mitigation plans and execute recovery plans - leverage the teams to solve multi-dimensional issues
- Create and nurture effective communication within the organization, vendors and partners
- Present internally and externally your product, promote the team at global events (Consumer Electronic Show of Las Vegas, Vivatech in France)
- Bring your innovative idea and generate patents with the team
- After first launch, contribute to adapting the product roadmap with Top Management and foster larger deployment globally.
- Implement proper tools, process and methodologies to pilot the program(s)
- Source, collaborate with key external partner engineering, manufacturer, labs
- Frame the program(s), define roles and responsibilities (RACI)
- Plan the program(s) from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Ensure timing and quality and track budget of your projects/programs
- Communicate and propose solutions when a risk or an issue occurs
- Manage project budget, help build P&L with Business and Operations
- Enforce and follow the Augmented Beauty quality development process
- Create strategic and visual decks on your projects/programs at any given time
To Succeed in this Position, You Have:
- A completed Master’s degree or above in Project Management, Computer Science, Management or other relevant fields required
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in successfully launching projects or products to consumer is required
- Proven experience as Program Director or other managerial position
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for legal sponsorship now or in the future.
To Succeed In This Position, You Are:
- Interested in beauty, technology and innovation
- Willing to learn the hardware product development world
- Able to make decisions based on data with an analytical mindset
- A strategic doer, comfortable to make effective trade off and prioritization
- Able to take initiative to constantly improve the communication and ways of working
- Someone with strong work ethics, humbleness, showing consistency, reliability, and hard work
- Able to be part of the recruiting processes, grow and mentor junior team members
- Someone with demonstrated adeptness with diplomacy and influence skills
- Someone with excellent communication adapted to the audience
What's In It For You:
- Base Salary Range: $140,100 - $203,200 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Corporate Short-Term Incentives (Corporate Profit-Sharing Bonus, Individual Performance Bonuses based on level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please ema. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.