L’Oréal strives to win over another one billion consumers around the world by innovating and creating products that meet the infinite diversity of our consumer’s needs, and we want you to help us reach this goal! We want to hire great people with unexpected ideas, the ability to challenge the status quo, and are ready to shape and disrupt the future of beauty. “Run it as your own business” is our mantra. Got what it takes? We are currently looking for our new Local Chief Accountant in Copenhagen.
As Local Chief Accountant you will be responsible for the compliance of our accounts in the 4 Nordic countries (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland). The position demands an individual who is a right mix of People and Process expert. You exchange and collaborate daily with our L’Oreal Business service center based in Spain and coordinate with them for all the accounting process improvement and enhancement. The role reports to the Nordic CFO.
- Own the production of all financial statements and reporting within the deadlines set by the Group and the various legal bodies. i.e. Consolidation reporting and end of year local accounts, tax and legal statements etc.
- Ensure close collaboration with other local teams (Controlling, Affairs, Tax, Legal, HR, purchasing etc.) to facilitate the production of accounts and the implementation of new local or Group/Zone initiatives
- Organize, animate transversal teams, and perform activities in order to guarantee the quality of accounting services (such as high performance of Payment on time KPI…)
- Propose and implement improvements and automation for existing reporting processes
- Check that the Group's accounting procedures and principles are correctly applied to ensure the quality and reliability of the Group’s monthly/quarterly/yearly accounts
- Keep continuously informed and understands the evolution of local regulations regarding accounting GAAPs and fiscal regulations and initiate appropriate changes in systems and procedures
- Be responsible to perform yearly local statutory accounts, including the production of the 4 annual reports in coordination with our external auditors, with the support of our external advisors
- Coordinate the external audit missions throughout the year, and ensure we are compliant with their expected deliverables
- A proactive business partner, good at driving change management
- An experienced finance profile (approx. 10 years’ experience), having perfect understanding and knowledge of balance sheet and profit & loss accounts, local GAAP and IFRS
- At least 3 or 4 years of experience in external audit (Big Four)
- Agile with systems, and have a knowledge of SAP
- A good communicator, at ease with internal teams, as well as external stakeholders
- A team player and able to animate the local team (2 to 3 team members)
- Fluent in English
We are looking for the Local Chief Accountant to start as soon as possible. The employment is permanent. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great level of responsibility from the very start, challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of trainings and e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic and international working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and counting 500 employees.
Who are we?
Leading the world in beauty and pioneering the world of beauty tech; we are 86K employees across 150 countries on five continents and has a unique international portfolio of 36 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 32 billion euros in 2021, and e-commerce growing by 26% accounting for a record high 28,9% of the Group’s sales. We push boundaries and move fast globally to stay ahead of the game. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship, and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation. Your job will be your own innovation playground.
What we do at L’Oréal always have a big impact. Because we sell 7 billion products per year. At L’Oréal, we define success as making a positive, conscious impact. We’ve been recognized as the World most ethical company in the world by Ethisphere®. For the sixth time in a row, L’Oréal has been recognized as a global leader in sustainable development by the international non-profit organization CDP® in three areas: combating climate change, sustainable management of water and protecting forests, for the fourth year running. In 2021, L’Oréal was for the 4th consecutive year ranked among the TOP 5 most gender-balanced companies in the world by Equileap®. We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. For us, our job is more than just a job, it is about building a better future for others and our planet.
Freedom to Go Beyond. That’s the Beauty of L’Oréal.