Position Title: Associate Principal Scientist, US Skin Clinical & Instrumental Evaluation
Location: Clark, NJ
Department: R&I Evaluation Intelligence
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 4,100 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, open to the world. L’Oréal, Research & Innovation is a vast, multidisciplinary, scientific community working in more than 30 specialized fields, spread out across the world in 21 research centers across 6 regional hubs, 14 evaluation centers, and 49 scientific and regulatory departments. Our employees represent over 60 nationalities and are united for one passion: to invent and perfect innovative, high-performance products for the well-being of all across the world.
To discover more on our scientific and technical functions at L'Oréal Research & Innovation, please check out our website
We are seeking a Associate Principal Scientist to join our Skin Evaluation Intelligence team in our Clark, NJ Research facility. This role is responsible for XXXX A few short sentences on what the key objectives are for the team and the role XXXX
As an Associate Principal Scientist in our Skin Evaluation Intelligence team, your main responsibilities are:
- Work closely with cross functional teams and within Skin Clinical & Instrumental Evaluation Intelligence Team – to define the objectives and requirements of the clinical studies, and accordingly develop study plans and protocols that clearly outline the scope, methodology, and expected outcomes of the studies
- Work closely and independently with relevant CRO vendors and also onboard new potential CROs for clinical testing. Building and maintaining a strong relationship with the CRO vendors by conducting frequent meetings with the CRO project team to discuss study updates, address any concerns, and ensure effective collaboration
- Effectively manage projects in terms of organized documentation, overseeing and coordinating the activities of the CRO, ensuring adherence to study timelines, protocols, and quality standards.
- You would ensure that the CRO adheres to regulatory requirements, ethical guidelines, and industry standards throughout the clinical studies. This involves overseeing the CRO's adherence to Good Clinical Practice (GCP), reviewing study documentation and reports, and conducting quality control audits to ensure data integrity and compliance with protocols
- You would also review and interpret study results, providing insights and recommendations based on the findings, and preparing study reports, presentations, and other communication materials to effectively communicate study findings and insights internally
- You would identify potential risks and develop risk mitigation strategies in collaboration with the CRO. This involves monitoring study progress, addressing any deviations or issues promptly, and implementing corrective actions as necessary.
To Succeed in this Position, You Have:
- Bachelors with 7+ years of relevant working experience; OR Masters with 5+ years of relevant working experience; preferred areas of study include Biological, Physical or Material Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or related fields
- Minimum 5 years of experience in regulatory or OTC product testing within cosmetics, chemicals or pharmaceutical industries
- Knowledge of US/ international cosmetics and OTC regulations.
- Experience in designing, planning and managing clinical studies for products (topical medicated or cosmetic products) on healthy and unhealthy skin conditions a must
- Experience with cosmetics, skin care and personal care products- product relationship a plus
- Project management experience with multiple projects and varying priorities
- Ability to work in a high paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to interact successfully with all levels of personnel within R&I and with other divisions and departments, both written and verbal
- Capable of working in a matrix organization, including strong teamwork skills a must.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical mindset
- Willing to take initiatives
- Computer proficiency: Excel, Power-Point, Word, Outlook
- Statistical analysis/interpretation
- Scientific writing/ report writing
- Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis without the need for legal sponsorship now or in the future (required)
What's In It For You:
- Corporate Short-Term Incentives (Corporate Profit-Sharing Bonus, Individual Performance Bonuses based on level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (Up to 2 Days per week work from home for eligible roles, subject to manager approval)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.