Job Title Director - Demand Planning
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: New York, NY
Reports To: AVP, Signature Lead – US Planning
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
The Demand Planning team develops accurate and timely demand forecasts while reducing inventory/working capital, and minimizing forecast variability. They partner with commercial planning teams (Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Planning) to gather inputs to build the consensus demand plan through the S&OP process for CPD.
- Develop accurate and timely demand forecast while reducing inventory/working capital, and minimizing forecast variability
- Partner with commercial planning teams (Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Planning) to gather inputs to build the consensus demand plan through the S&OP process
- Work closely with the BSM team to understand and resolve known supply constraints or excess inventory risks and communicate to commercial teams in the S&OP demand review.
- Ensure consistency of forecast assumptions across the business unit, including base business trends, promotional plans, new launch volumes, planogram changes & seasonal volume.
- Ensure alignment of Demand Forecast with Sales Estimate and/or provide reconciliation and analysis of variance
- Focus on accuracy of demand plan for new product launches, based on accurate analysis of distribution builds and velocity/share expectations
- Analyze historical sales data and future plans. Work cross-functionality to achieve continuous improvement in demand forecast accuracy. Improve overall demand plan.
- Prepare written analyses, documentation, reports or other data
- Be an active actor of l’Oreal for the future by minimizing our Excess and Obsolete inventory and leading the remonetization process with our business teams
What We Are Looking For:
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field preferred
- Minimum 10 years of relevant business experience within Manufacturing or Supply Chain
- Experience managing a team is required
- Working knowledge of S&OP, demand forecasting required
- Possess well-developed communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to be able to build strong work relationships with all levels of the organization
- Have the ability to synthesize information and create a clear synopsis of key issues
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and work independently
- Ensure attention to detail
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Demonstrate success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate success in leading and developing a team of individual contributors and leaders
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills
- Results oriented
- Develop appreciation of global markets and cultural diversity
- Puts the consumer as the central focus
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Demonstrates sound judgement in decision making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds a consumer / customer-centric organization
- Give space initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers both sustainable and short-term results with integrity
- Fosters a climate of trust, and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Encourages transversal cooperation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
- People Developer
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Leverages diversity
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $140,100 - $203,200 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.