AVP – Professional Sales & Specialty Retail
Consumer Products Division, L’Oreal USA
Los Angeles, CA
The AVP – Professional Sales & Specialty Retail will be responsible for overseeing the sell-in of a forecasted dollar volume and mix of products for department stores, fast-fashion, food & small chains, and professional Beauty Supply Stores, Distributors, Wholesalers and Salons. This role will be responsible for acting as key liaison between the brand, brokers, and our team of independent sales representatives that call on beauty supply customers and salons and our wholesale and distributor customers. The AVP – Professional Sales & Specialty Retail will ensure the company’s net sales goals are met, and will play an instrumental role in the planning and execution of sales and marketing initiatives in the specialty retail and professional channel of distribution.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Oversee and guide the development and long-term strategy of the specialty retail and pro channel. Develop a 3-year plan with sales potential for the pro channel including strategies to enter white space opportunities
- Work collaboratively with other senior functional heads and retailers to build a broad business strategy
- Responsible for elevating the in-store presence of the brand and following the brand guidelines as established by the Global and Local Marketing teams.
- Manage the end to end planning process (COGs, Fuel, etc.) from concept creation with Marketing to on shelf with Merchandising (strategy and execution)
- Own and contribute to broader P&L, sales targets and profitability of the business
- Develop a deep knowledge of the marketplace and consumers through benchmarking and monitoring local trends
- Manage partnership with distribution channel / customers to communicate brand strategy
- Develop Fast Fashion Strategy: Develop and Execute pilot tests of brand and new fixtures in key strategic department store retailers
- Lead and develop team with specialized channel focus: specifically Department Stores; Fast-Fashion; PRO; Specialty (Food / Small Chains / Distributors).
- Provide senior management with accurate monthly forecasts that include gross sales, returns and markdowns for each assigned customer.
- Grow profitable Sales volume and market share in line with corporate guidelines.
- Develop and implement strategies, promotional programs and business plans that will increase the brands’ success, while taking into consideration the needs of each national/local account and respecting the brands’ image.
- Ensure that the brand has a maximized presence at the point of sale in order to win market share.
- Utilize strategic thinking to solve problems, capitalize on business opportunities and communicate crucial market, trade and competitive information to senior management, proposing potential solutions and actions steps.
- Utilize available resources, including Sales and Marketing data, industry and account information, demographic information, etc. to help forecast business and prepare account presentations.
- Achieve annual corporate objectives by developing and executing account-specific business development plans that are aligned with consumer and media support plans set by Marketing, and within corporate guidelines.
- Achieve company and account objectives by managing the promotional calendar and marketing plans to promote our products via the best promotional vehicles, with particular emphasis on sell-through to ensure effective trade spending. Evaluate promotions using fact-based selling tools.
- Develop and maintain high visibility with major key account buyers, key decision-makers and decision-influencers; leveraging the power of NYX PMU market position against competitive threats to achieve business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales.
- Great communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong team management skills
- Ability to effectively monitor, analyze, interpret and communication business information
- Strong negotiation skills
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others
- Full cycle project management experience a plus
- Passionate about outcome and results orientated
- Previous experience in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with ability to learn and navigate internal systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.