Cargo: Research & Innovation
Tipo de posição: Permanent
Tipo de emprego: Full - Time
Local: Clark, NJ
País: United States
Director, Business Development
L'Oreal Research & Innovation
Clark, New Jersey
Functional leader in the L’Oreal Americas, Research and Innovation (R&I) Business Development (BD) organization that will identify, evaluate, and negotiate transactions (deal structure, terms sheets, agreements, etc.) for business development opportunities.
Lead and contribute to the evaluation of new business opportunities in partnership with other functional areas, including Invention, Discovery, and Application Domains, Intellectual Property, Legal and Development.
prepare necessary management presentations for approval of potential deals through various governance bodies.
Provide supports to determine target value through consideration of external market conditions as well as internal key performance indicator (KPI) and ROI objectives.
- Negotiate internally/externally, agree upon courses of action, bargain for individual/collective advantage, or craft outcomes to satisfy various interests. Be seen as the key interface between L'Oréal and the open innovation (OI) teams during contracting.
- Prepares in advance to facilitate a negotiation based on both parties needs and mutually specified objectives. Collaborates effectively to ensure key timelines, deliverables, non-negotiable items, and walk-away positions are in place proactively.
- Consciously studies actions and counterparts during negotiations, applying techniques to elicit underlying information, agendas, and motivations prior to and during negotiations.
- Negotiates within realm of authority and resolves conflicts with minimal disruption.
- Ensures counter party has proper authority to commit to negotiated terms and BD documentation and processes comply with applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Describes negotiation techniques and practices.
- Acts in a diplomatic manner to garner others’ trust to advance dialogue.
- Recognizes critical pressure points for both parties.
- Collaborate with L’Oréal’s scientific leaders to scout and identify open (external) innovation opportunities.
- Analyze and conduct (scientific/technical) due diligence of potential open (external) innovation targets to precisely ensure the details of what is being pursued and ensure cross functional feedback and alignment.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience managing Business Development projects and transactions within a Research & Development/Innovation setting.
- Background in Science and Legal required; experience in Finance and other experiences (strategy, project management, etc.) preferred.
- Proven track record of managing high level external negotiations with maximum efficacy and impact for the business.
- Strong communication, analytical, and negotiation skills, relevant to the field of Business Development in an Innovation setting, coupled with related strategic awareness of products, consumers, customers, and channels.
- Experience working with international clients and Business Development opportunities highly preferred.
- Team Player - works well both independently and with teams.
- Self-Starter and dependable.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- PhD in relevant (scientific) field preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
◄ Voltar à lista de empregos