Manager - Electrical Engineer – Beauty Devices
What we'll do together:
Our team designs and creates Beauty Technology products – leading the forefront of the beauty industry. As the Electrical Engineer for this group you will be responsible for the electrical design, development, and quality of consumer electronics/POS system, etc. In this role, you will wear many hats - from working on the system design down to detailed design, quickly turn prototypes, work on manufacturing production process, testing, and quality control. You will also identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, design by striving for exceptional user experience, and work with cross functional teams.
In the Tech Incubator you will work in this start-up environment while leveraging the advantages of a global organization and be part of the technical transformation of the Beauty industry!
What your day will look like:
- Execution of design on key projects, consulting role overseeing other engineers on other projects
- Communicate and escalate status, risks, progress on a daily basis
- Creation and/or consulting role in manufacturing test line
What you'll need:
- B.S./M.S./PhD in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in circuit/system design, preferably on consumer electronics and/or connected devices, including component selection, schematic design, board layout, and fabrications, and validations
- Experience in lab equipment including oscilloscopes, DMM’s, VNA’s, thermal test equipment, etc
- Experience in DC/DC power design, micro controllers, USB-PD, wireless charging, batteries, RF, antenna, WiFi/Bluetooth, displays, cameras, sensors, SOCs, power ICs, memories, etc.
- Ability to put together detailed product specifications related to electrical engineering
- Ability to perform detailed and thorough DFMEA
- Ability to perform rough cost analysis on electrical components/modules/assemblies
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up, debugging, and functional validations
- Skills in production testing
- Ability to do FA and 8D analysis for electrical issues
- Understanding of statistical process control (Cp, Cpk)
- Excellent documentation skills, including manufacturing, schematics, and circuit design
- Having knowledge in design partners, component suppliers, prototype houses, manufacturers
- Have understanding of reliability/quality
- Ability to work with OEM/ODM efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to estimate the amount of work and hours required to support project managers with scheduling/resourcing related to electrical design
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to deep dive
- Ability to work on both OEM/ODM projects – sometime required to lead external companies’ electrical engineering team
- Design to the highest standards
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.