Who We Are:
Our team designs and creates Beauty Technology products – leading the forefront of the beauty industry. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a start-up environment in a large organization, who want to be a part of the technical transformation of the Beauty industry!
What We'll do Together:
As a Mechanical Engineer for this group you will be responsible for the mechanical design, development, and quality of consumer electronics/professional systems, connected devices, etc. In this role, you will wear many hats - working on the system design down to detailed component design, quickly creating prototypes, working on manufacturing production process, testing, and quality control. You will also identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, design by striving for exceptional user experience and collaborating with cross functional teams.
What You'll Need:
- B.S./M.S./PhD in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical engineering or technical product design, preferably on consumer electronics or medical devices
- Skills in mechanical design, CAD, tolerance analysis, design for assembly/mass production and design for reliability
- Ability to put together detailed product specifications related to mechanical engineering
- Ability to perform detailed and thorough DFMEA
- Ability to perform rough cost analysis on mechanical components/modules/assemblies
- Hands-on machine shop experience will be helpful
- Skills in production testing
- Ability to do Failure Analysis and 8D analysis for mechanical issues
- Understanding of statistical process control (Cp, Cpk)
- Excellent documentation skills, including manufacturing, assembly process, and drawings
- Having knowledge of a network of design partners, component suppliers, prototype houses
- Have understanding of reliability/quality
- Ability to work with OEM/ODM efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to estimate the amount of work and hours required to support project managers with scheduling/resourcing related to mechanical engineering
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to deep dive and get hands dirty
- Ability to work on both OEM/ODM projects – sometime required to lead external companies’ mechanical engineering team
- Design to the highest standards
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.