Cargo: Research & Innovation
Tipo de posição: Permanent
Tipo de emprego: Full - Time
Local: El Segundo, CA
País: United States
L'Oreal Research & Innovation
Senior Scientist, Open Development
El Segundo, California
Responsible for technical aspects of developing and homologating specific products for NYX Professional Makeup. Must successfully develop awareness of claims, scientific literature, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing/consumer trends required to perform innovative product development assignments in an efficient manner. Must have strong communications skills to engage key stakeholders (NYX PMU, L’Oreal R&I teams, Vendors) to define evolving priorities and working methods. Must be able to manage complexity and changing priorities. This position requires a qualitative and quantitative researcher, possessing strategic thinking, excellent analytical and collaboration, which will be responsible for coordinating claims studies and presenting claims results.
Accountabilities for Senior Scientist
- Track and maintain awareness of NYX PMU’s product development projects and, under minimal supervision, manage multiple projects and priorities with varying complexity at a given time.
- May execute projects that are more complex and/or handle multiple Open Development/R&I projects simultaneously.
- Work closely with designated vendors to get the information needed in order to build a good foundation for successful product launch: initiate formula review, confirm formula entry, Monitor vendor’s stability reports, quality and conformity of formulas
- Create, Review and issue documentation for existing and new NYX PMU products. Coordinate with the NYX Development team to ensure launch targets are met.
- Provide management, internal labs, and support teams with information regarding the NYX PMU brand, status of projects, and product information, as well coordinate and follow up on general requests.
- Keep good relationship with vendors to insure product quality in a timely fashion
- Identify raw materials and technologies suitable for product development from either in house or vendors.
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during product development.
- Work closely with designated cross-functional teams to help objectify sufficient data for claim validation
- Provide technical support on benefits and claims
- Identify, maintain and grow a network of external vendors, so consumer testing can be executed with the highest quality standard
- Able to effectively translate and present claims results and insights to business users at various management levels.
- Stay abreast of International regulations affecting marketing product verbiage and product positioning
- Provide mentorship and training to Vendors and support groups
- BS in Chemistry or related sciences
- 5+ years’ experience in color; (color cosmetics, paint or hot pour technology preferred)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple projects, and work with various groups within a matrix organization
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
◄ Voltar à lista de empregos