Sr. Scientist I-Clinical Claims Evaluation, Clark, NJ
We are seeking a creative Sr. Scientist to join our Clinical Claims Team. As a key member of the team you’ll design, coordinate and execute clinical studies on regulated over-the-counter (OTC) products including sunscreen products to ensure testing is conducted in accordance with local regulatory agencies for global regulatory compliance of L’Oréal OTC products. In addition, you will also be responsible to conduct testing for claims substantiation for labeling and communication of product launches. In this function you will be working cross functionally with the Development Labs in all métiers (Skin, Makeup, Hair), as well as safety, regulatory and claims legal teams.
- Bachelors with 3-5 years of relevant working experience; OR Masters with 1-3 years of relevant working experience; preferred areas of study include Biological, Physical or Material Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or related fields;
- Study design and methodology development a must;
- Ability to independently collaborate and negotiate with vendors;
- Experience coordinating product testing with outside vendors;
- Project management experience with multiple projects and varying priorities;
- Experience in regulatory or OTC product testing within cosmetics a plus;
- Knowledge of US/ international cosmetics and OTC regulations a plus;
- Ability to influence others in order to ensure needs from lab and scientific liaison are met;
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to interact successfully with all levels of personnel within R&I and with other divisions and departments, both written and verbal;
- Capable of working in a matrix organization, including strong teamwork skills a must;
- Computer proficiency: Excel, Power-Point, Word, Outlook;
- Statistical analysis/interpretation;
- Scientific writing/ report writing;
- Experience with cosmetics, skin care and personal care products- product relationship a plus;
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis;
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.