Title: Manager/Sr Manager- Shopper Marketing (Skincare)
Reports to: AVP Marketing
Division: Consumer Products
Location: New York, NY
The Shopper Marketing Lead is the strategic thought leader and go to market expert for their respective account. They are responsible for creating best in class shopper focused activations, grounded in consumer insights that align to national brand strategies. They collaborate cross functionally with Sales, Marketing, Finance, eCommerce and operations to provide unique shopper platforms for their accounts, which will deliver strong sales and financial results.
The Shopper Marketing Lead will use all available resources and data to build support plans and shopper programs that are then presented to internal/external partners for approval and execution.
Leading their respective Shopper Marketing Manager, they are responsible for execution excellence for all go to market strategies to ensure continual success.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be key figure of authority (externally & internally) for the respective account
- Penetrate the retailer marketing and digital teams
- Develop best-in-class insight lead go to market initiatives that support retailer and brand DNA
- Actively support top-to-top meetings
- Actively participate in sessions with field sales to align product and display needs
- Special Ops, Value Pack, and Kit Budgets/Allocations
- Oversee Display, Shopper funds, PFP and Special ops/BVP budget management
- Oversee National Display Input and execution
- Proactively brainstorm and develop 360 degree, omnichannel retailer programs
- Incorporate competitive learnings for effective account specific planning
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams on initiatives
- Lead relationship development with outside vendors
- Be viewed by retailer as key collaborator and brand experts
- Necessary meeting participation:
- Launch meetings
- Account Status meetings
- Creative Kick Off Meetings
- Display Alignment Meeting
- Customer Team Lead (sales lead) Meetings
- Marketing plans meetings
- Sales meetings
- Account Specific Marketing, Digital, and Store Ops Meetings
Recommended Skill set
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or related business field (MBA a plus)
- 5-8 years’ experience in development of brand business objectives and execution of marketing strategies
- Sales, Marketing, and/or Customer Marketing experience required
- Omnichannel toolkit required
- Deep understanding of consumer packaged goods industry, retail channels and account specific marketing (Beauty experience a plus; mass channel retail experience a plus)
- Strong understanding of promotional tactics and various marketing vehicles such ranging from digital, coupons, print, sponsorships, media and more
- Track record of driving insights and strategically sound marketing programs
- Strong ability to build trusting relationships with client and innovate in a collaborative manner
- Skilled in initiating change, strategic thinking, persuasion, and response to negativity
- Highly organized, able to multi-task & communicate with numerous touch points.
- Strong ability for talent development and coaching of direct reports
- Share growth within account
- Customer Satisfaction (Kantar Survey)
- Timeline management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.