Tipo de posição: Internship
Tipo de emprego: Full - Time
Local: Manchester (England)
País: United Kingdom
Based: Trafford Park, Manchester
Duration: 1 week
Start Dates: Monday 8th April 2019
Application Deadline: Thursday 28th February 2019
Annual Salary: Unpaid Work Experience – Lunch and Travel Expensed
How do you transfer millions of products from factories across the globe to the shelf of our retailers in store? It’s a complex and fascinating operation, and as an L'Oréal Supply Chain and Operations Spring Insighter you’ll be those who sharpen and improve the process across our multi-national operation.
As a Supply Chain Spring Insighter you’ll be shadowing people across the Supply Chain teams and supporting them liaising with third parties, keep track of our stock levels and make sure that when a customer decides to buy from us, our high quality products are sat on the shelf waiting for them.
Day-to-day you may be...
· Helping them to liaise with European factories, international third party suppliers and other teams internally to maximise product availability
· Supporting with communicating with the Market Supply Logistics (MSL) to foresee any possible delivery issues between the international factories and Distribution Centres which may impact the UK or the International Zone Logistics team within The Body Shop to minimise impact globally
· Communicating between subcontracting/third party teams to understand stock movements for products
· Working closely with Marketing and Commercial teams in the UK or International Zones to understand the need for stock levels and therefore accurately forecast the potential of our products and maximise service levels to our customers
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
· A logical and rational mindset; simplifying complex problems and offering clear and effective solutions
· Capacity to understand the bigger business picture
· A technical mind but keen to work within the heart of a business
· Numerate and PC literate: in particular with strong Excel skills
· Ability to work closely with all internal departments, Sales and Marketing, Customer Services, the Warehouse, IT and Finance, requiring the need to be a proactive team-player, and be able to build relationships quickly
· Eligible to work in the UK
· In your first year at University on a course which enables you to take the week off (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
After this, if you are successful you will be asked to complete a telephone interview with one of our Emerging Talent Team.