We are the market leader in Beauty and a pioneer in Beauty Tech. As a result of the constantly changing world, cosmetics and technology are inseparably linked for us. Together with our consumers and partners, we anticipate trends and shape the beauty of tomorrow.
We live sustainability and environmental protection. By 2030, our Commitments mark the beginning of a more radical transformation and embody our view of how a company's vision, purpose and responsibility should look to meet the world's challenges. Our 88,000 employees in 150 countries are transforming our business to ensure that our activities respect the boundaries of our planet.
For our location in Düsseldorf we are looking for people who will join us in making a difference.
Your Mission: You are the category expert and support the consumer insights strategy in D/A/CH across four different and unique divisions to fuel the companies‘ strategy in one beauty category by translating insights into action.
- You are the key contact for the local marketing and brand activation teams and partner with them to give strategic advice on their consumer, category and brand knowledge to fuel brand-, launch- and go-to-market strategies
- You work focused on one category (e. g. Men, Skincare, Haircare, Make-Up / Fragrances) while being able to identify and understand needs across four different business divisions (mass market, pharmacy, perfumeries, hair salons)
- You strategize the growth of the beauty market by identifying relevant consumer- and market trends and translate them into measures to strengthen brand love and develop concrete activation ideas
- You identify short-, mid- and long term trends in your category and society as well as changing consumer behavior. You connect these trends to the challenges of our brands and unveil opportunities of growth
- You develop market research plans together with brand owners of your category and conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies with external institutes. You translate business challenges into a research questions, decide the right methodologies and prepare questionnaires. You analyze results and deliver them sharply and precisely as actionable insights.
- You onboard new marketeers to our brand- and category knowledge and support them in understanding our research methods
- Master's degree in economics, market research, psychology, sociology or similar fields
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the field of market research either in an institute or a FMCG company
- Expert knowledge in qualitative and quantitative market research methods and trend detection
- Very good project management skills - eager to show them when running multiple projects in parallel
- Very strong communication, consultancy and presentation skills – and the desire to use them to simplify complex facts to the point
- Business driven and consumer centric analytical thinking - you focus on what creates impact, not on what’s feasible
- You feel comfortable working in a matrix organization and cooperate with local marketing teams as well as global teams from brands and CMI
- You enjoy working independently and cooperatively in and across your team
- You are fluent in english and german
- Permanent employment in a crisis-resistant, growing market with a comprehensive range of social benefits.
- A competitive and attractive salary and benefits package
- Individual personal and professional development, a steep learning curve, strong team spirit and an open, cooperative culture
- Diverse, national and international perspectives
Diversity & Inclusion
L'Oréal is committed to providing equal opportunities to its applicants.
We value diversity, inclusion and individual self-expression in the workplace as diversity strengthens our teams and we want to reflect the image of society and therefore our consumers in our company. Any form of discrimination is therefore not tolerated.