We are driven by a passion for beauty that moves the world.
We are the market leader in Beauty and a pioneer in Beauty Tech. As a result of the constantly changing world, cosmetics and technology are inseparably linked for us. Together with our consumers and partners, we anticipate trends and shape the beauty of tomorrow.
We live sustainability and environmental protection. By 2030, our Commitments mark the beginning of a more radical transformation and embody our view of how a company's vision, purpose and responsibility should look to meet the world's challenges. Our 88,000 employees in 150 countries are transforming our business to ensure that our activities respect the boundaries of our planet.
For our location in Düsseldorf we are looking for people who will join us in making a difference.
The Senior Business Development Manager (m/f/d) is part of the Business Development Team of the Professional Product Division (PPD) in our DACH cluster.
The Senior Business Development Manager (m/f/d) works in close cooperation with other functional teams, such as Marketing, Commercial, Business Intelligence, Market & Consumer Insights & Controlling. The role is responsible for a diverse set of topics and has a strong impact on the strategic development of our division.
Areas of responsibility:
- Steering the PPD strategy process:
- Identifying market opportunities and growth potential for PPD to win market share in upcoming years in our key categories: premium haircare and coloration
- Leading the yearly PPD strategy process to build 3 year plans with the PPD leadership team
- Developing and implementing strategic priorities with PPD teams, by leading or supporting cross functional project teams
- Supporting the PPD GM and leadership team in the preparation of key strategic meetings (GM visit, Zone, Multi-Div)
- Driving category growth by implementing basic Category Management standards in our teams, supporting our Haircare E-com and Perfumeries ambition and identifying growth potential with our Senior Revenue Growth Manager.
- Develop PPD Multi-brand strategy in cooperation with RGM and the Leadership Team
- Expanding and developing our market, category, consumer and competitor insights:
- managing and developing existing and new partnerships for relevant market and consumer panels
- Analysing, sharing and transferring relevant insights into tactics and strategies in close cooperation with our PPD teams (brands, commercial, digital and education)
- Upskilling PPD community on market and consumer insights and supporting critical brand and sale meetings (Drive meetings, T2T) with relevant consumer, category and industry insights
- Owning the market projection process in close collaboration with the Corporate CMI Team and in exchange with our counterparts within the other divisions.
- Regular exchange and representation of our division’s perspective and interest in cross divisional and/or international context
- Relevant working experience in multiple positions, ideally in the fields of Category management, CMI, RGM.
- Strong conceptual and good analytical skills
- Distinct Learning agility
- Strong stakeholder Management skills
- Experience in Project Management and working with Sr. Leaders
- Fluent in German & English
- Permanent employment in a crisis-resistant, growing market with a comprehensive range of social benefits.
- A competitive and attractive salary and benefits package
- Individual personal and professional development, a steep learning curve, strong team spirit and an open, cooperative culture
- Diverse, national and international perspectives
Diversity & Inclusion
L'Oréal is committed to providing equal opportunities to its applicants.
We value diversity, inclusion and individual self-expression in the workplace as diversity strengthens our teams and we want to reflect the image of society and therefore our consumers in our company. Any form of discrimination is therefore not tolerated.