Сфера деятельности: Training & Education
Тип должности: Fix Term
Тип занятости: Full - Time
Место расположения: Cardiff
Страна: United Kingdom
Education Consultant –L'Oréal Professionnel Paris - Maternity Cover - SW England - Cardiff, Wales, Bristol, Cornwall
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 38 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products, and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. This year we were also named one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 8th time.
As part of our dynamic education team, you'll work alongside some of the world's greatest hairdressers in a varied and creative role that offers a richly rewarding and successful future. To create execute and deliver education to salons within your territory and in our Regional Venues. Reporting to the L’Oréal Professionnel Paris northern Education Manager. Working closely with the commercial Managers and Business Partners to ensure the quality of knowledge and service that is associated with the brand is conveyed to the salons. You will be liaising with some of the leading names in the hairdressing industry.
• We are looking for an exceptional individual - a talented hairdresser and a self-motivated team player - who has enjoyed previous experience of delivering education expertise within a salon or beauty environment. You will share our passion for inspiring others to maximise their performance through colour and retail. The ideal candidate will have an appreciation for superior service and will reflect the values of a superior brand in this arena.
• • Flexibility, a full driving license and the ability to consistently meet and maintain high standards are crucial. Your proven organisational skills will allow you to use your time effectively and your communication and presentation skills will be excellent.
• • You will be required to stay away from home and may be required to travel on a Sunday evening.
• • You set yourself demanding goals and are focused on quality as well as attention to detail.
• • You enjoy defining your own role, and constantly look for ways to exceed your objectives.
• • A passion for exciting projects motivates you and gives you the energy to deliver on your daily tasks.
• • You try to keep up to the minute with current trends, commercial and brand awareness.
• • You feel that you have an aptitude for our profession through a true sensitivity to our products & our market.
• • Passionate about haircare/ skin care you understand the importance of aesthetic quality and detail.
• • You can focus and achieve targets / objectives set
You set yourself demanding goals and demolish obstacles to achieve them. Focused on quality and attention to detail, you will not compromise standards. You probably think of yourself as an entrepreneur.
• You define your own roles and constantly look for ways to exceed what has been asked. A passion for exciting projects gives you the energy to succeed in a flexible, high-octane company.
• You value innovation as a business strategy. You also try to keep up to the minute with current trends. Ultimately, you share our belief in flexibility as a way of life.
• You are a real leader, creating a compelling vision and then communicating it with style and charisma. You’ve always been comfortable defending a point of view. You’ll thrive on the challenges that an international environment brings.
• You feel that you have an aptitude for our profession through a true sensitivity to our products & our market.
• Passionate about beauty, you understand the importance of aesthetic quality, detail and the perfect choice of colour and retail.
Experience in delivering Technical Workshops, Presentations and Classes
• NVQ Level 2 & 3
• Exceptional confidence
• Technical competence, cutting competence and styling competence.
• Strong communication skills at all levels
• Experience of building relationships with clients
• Experienced in Microsoft Office Packages, namely PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
• Enthusiastic manner
• Ability to inspire, motivate, coach and develop people
• Passion for the haircare/ skin care industry
• Strong organisational skills
• Diplomacy and patience
• Ability to work in a ever changing & demanding environment
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.