Job Title: Assistant Vice President, CRM, Consumer Data & Applications
Function: Information Systems, L'Oreal USA Digital IT
Reports To: Americas Digital IT Lead
Location: 10 Hudson Yards, NYC
L’Oreal Group has aggressively embraced the digital era, and has advanced many leading consumer-facing digital solutions across its business units. Focus on customers in addition to products is a key pivot for L’Oreal and the company has developed leading platforms to enable the customer journey. Data specifically is an area of vast strategic focus as it powers the next phase of our digital transformation.
The AVP of CRM Data and Applications will be responsible for all Consumer data and developing applications that touch our consumers. Specifically, the CRM 3.0 ecosystem positions a new consumer data hub as the backbone from which L’Oreal USA & Canada can individualize interactions with our consumers, from the real-life store to virtually on-line /on-mobile. It will be used in one context with the consumer, but simultaneously by anyone associated with L’Oréal (such as our partners or employees) who interacts directly with the consumer.
We seek an experienced IT leader to own this strategy and execution for the Americas. The team consists of 8 employees, several consultants, and significant vendor partnerships and project teams.
- Anticipate, understand and collect the zone’s strategic business needs. Define a capabilities based road map for CRM in general and brand specific road maps that incorporate relevant brand specific experiences
- Translate the IT strategy into an operational plan for the CRM domain, including financial, human and material aspects.
- Understand, challenge and formalize business requirements to align on achievable projects that drive business results
- Lead the design activities for any new applications project while ensuring the business cases elaboration.
- Steer the build activities and manage all IT projects ensuring the quality, content, costs and deadlines.
- Consistently prioritize and improve security ensuring that all applications, data, and processes are designed to maximize security and privacy of L’Oreal and L’Oreal customer data
- Guarantee the operational efficiency and Service Level Agreements of the applications running under the CRM domain and ensure that the necessary evolution is recommended and implemented.
- Recruit, develop and manage the teams; ensure development of expertise and know-how and support organizational changes.
- Watch the market/technology trends and spot potential evolutions in line with business opportunities
- Drive standardization and harmonization of the application portfolio in the CRM domain across all Americas countries where relevant accounting for both small & large countries
- Manage the overall internal client demands by arbitrating between client satisfaction and IT feasibility (budgets, technical constraints, priorities…).
- Guarantee that the IT applications evolutions are covering the business needs.
- Champion the CRM 3.0 strategy and ensure all possible data is harvested across all digital marketing and retail initiatives
- Lead the data governance processes and growth for Digital
- Demonstrated IT Team Leader who can craft a vision and achieve great results through identifying achievable goals that build the vision.
- Deep working knowledge in CRM, Analytics, Master Data, and Data Governance
- Native user of cloud computing and big data
- Outstanding functional and technical communication skills: written, verbal and presentation
- Results oriented business, IT and vendor collaboration expert
- Proactive, optimistic, and simplification-oriented mindset bringing a can-do approach to complexity and challenges
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in CRM / Consumer oriented data management roles
- Experience leading technical teams with and without a direct reporting structure
- Deep technical expertise and management experience in data design and governance.
- Fluency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese are a plus. Experience in Americas countries is a plus as well.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.