ABOUT THE JOB:
- This role is a maternity leave cover role effective 1 August 2019 (during which there will be a handover period).
- Reporting to the General Counsel for Australia and New Zealand, and partnering closely with the business in both countries across all brands, you will put your legal prowess to work providing day to day legal advice and support on a variety of matters across the areas of consumer law, competition law, privacy law, contract law and general corporate/commercial matters.
- You will support and effect the legal team’s legal innovation strategy
- Review and advise on proposed contracts, variations, terminations, new supplier appointments
- Provide data privacy and related legal advice
- Review marketing materials and advertising collateral across all media including e-commerce sites, and social media
- Respond to internal stakeholder requests on a range of issues
- Be responsible for contract management, filing and post-contract management
- Be involved in process quality improvement as appropriate
- Conduct legal training across the business
- You will have 3-5 years post-admission experience and be well versed in some or all of the areas of law listed above.
- Previous in-house experience is preferable, and any experience within FMCG and general retail will be highly regarded.
- The successful applicant will possess a self-starting and ‘can do’ attitude, creativity, excellent communications and time management skills and be able to deliver results under pressure consistently.
- You will also be quick of the mark, customer focused, have a keen eye for detail, and enjoy building relationships and anticipating the needs of others across all levels.
- A genuine appreciation for our brands, products and companies is a must.
If you would like the opportunity to grow your career within a global, brand focused organisation, please apply.
We encourage you to display your creative flair in the application.
L'Oréal Australia and New Zealand are part of the L'Oréal Group – the world's largest pure beauty company with over 100 years of history and experience. We are a passionate team in a growing market, working to deliver our mission of Beauty for All through our local portfolio of 29 brands in Australia and 19 brands in New Zealand.
Our business is energetic and vibrant, underpinned by strong ethical principles and our belief that financial performance and responsible business go hand-in-hand. We are driven each day by our six founding values - Passion, Innovation, Entrepreneurial spirit, Open-mindedness, Quest for excellence and Responsibility.
L’Oréal is leading the revolution of the beauty industry, focusing more on emerging technologies & digital transformation for its consumers in a world that is changing rapidly.
Since 2015, the L’Oréal Australia and New Zealand legal team has been embracing change by innovating the way it supports the business, to enable the business to move faster, while managing legal risk. The team is committed to making legal support efficient, agile and more collaborative than ever before.
L’Oréal is a supporter of reducing barriers that exist due to traditional working practices and therefore flexible work arrangements will be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs or disability.