Position Title: Senior Chemist I, Makeup Development Portfolio Securitization
Location: Clark, New Jersey
Department: Makeup Development
Reports Into: Assistant Vice President, Makeup Development
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 4 100 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, open to the world.
The Senior Chemist I in Makeup Development Portfolio Securitization is responsible for assisting with critical issues within the formula portfolio, originating from regulatory, supply, resources, timing, etc. within the Make-up métier. They are ensuring formulas are fully prepared to re-launch with the ideal replacement option while adhering to L’Oreal quality and regulatory guidelines. They would maintain awareness of upcoming crisis issues, prepare proactively and cascades information to key stakeholders. All of this while ensuring a safe and orderly manner of working and compliance to Quality.
As a Senior Chemist I in Makeup Development Portfolio Securitization, your main responsibilities are:
- Develop and refine formulas; performs stability, safety testing, regulatory confirmations
- Be the key point person for the Makeup labs on crisis issues
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage multi-faceted projects working with several teams to ensure completion.
- Under minimal supervision drives to complete tasks
- Self-motivated and eager to find solutions
To Succeed In This Position, you have:
- A completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related science is required
- 3-5 years (Bachelor's)/1-2 years (Master's) of relevant experience required in product formulation
- Experience in makeup and cosmetics formulation preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects and work with various groups.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Must have authorization to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for legal sponsorship now or in the future
What's In It For You:
- Corporate Short Term Incentives (Corporate Profit Sharing Bonus, Individual Performance Bonus)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (Up to 2 Days Work from Home for eligible positions)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.