Job Title Assistant Vice President, Operations Development
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: Clark, New Jersey (Hybrid)
Reports Into: Vice President, Operations Development
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
At L'Oréal Consumers Products, our mission is to democratize the best of beauty, and for us, beauty has to be sustainable. Our division holds the world’s #1 beauty brand with L’Oréal Paris, the #1 makeup brand with Maybelline New York, the #1 natural brand with Garnier, as well as NYX Professional Makeup.
We are seeking an Assistant Vice President to join our Consumer Product Division in our Operations Development team to manage a team in charge of new product launches, product renovations and value-analysis at the crossing point between Marketing, Research & Innovation, and Operations. This role will implement, as part of the development of new products, the resources required to support the brand's strategy: Growth, profitability, innovation, L’Oréal for the future. They have active participation in identifying new and improved processes that will result in increased efficiency in ways of working. They also lead package innovation in assigned project category.
What You Will Do:
- Empowers employees and help them to grow, so that they can give their best to achieve the level of performance expected for their projects (quality, costs, deadlines, innovation and sustainability)
- Support the development of his/her team by creating a working environment which promotes learning, creativity and the development of expertise
- Develop a shared vision for his/her scope of responsibility as part of a continuous improvement approach; set team goals and consider and determine priorities
- Anticipate his/her team's workload, needs and resources required for the development of projects, and be involved in the recruitment process
- Promote innovation within the team to ensure that projects are launched, in a collaborative work with the Operations Innovation Department.
- Help categories or brands to prepare launch plans by incorporating profitability (P&L), anticipation, TTM and quality, innovation, regulatory conformity, and Sharing Beauty With All challenges
- Prepare strategic launch reviews (RSL) together with the brands and R&I
- Discuss and build, together with the brands, the Sharing Beauty With All roadmaps and ensure they are monitored
- Ensure compliance with good business practices and the implementation of the quality system by his/her team
- Report risks in advance (scheduling, resources, costs, financial risks) and propose solutions.
- Draw up budgets and manage the technical costs of activities and projects, as well as his/her department's costs
- Lead cost-reduction processes
- Steer the activity and operational performance as well as the quality and availability of data in the tools (Magellan, Spot, Minds…)
- From design to market launch, contribute to continuous system improvement and participate in the definition of relevant design data
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
What We Are Looking For:
- 15+ years’ experience in proven package development project work/quality experience, preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field
- French Language skill is a plus
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline is required
- Travel to vendors and plants will be a requirement (10-15% of time)
- Proficient PC skills - Proficient in the use of MS Project. MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and capable of building presentations in Excel and/or PowerPoint.
- High Proficiency in communication skills (written & verbal), to be able to deal effectively with all levels of our organization AND our suppliers organizations.
- Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials, and information as needed on each project.
- Assume Leadership role of Brand Development team and special projects as needed.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends and technologies.
- Must be team oriented and able to create strong relationships with all cross-functional teams.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
Youtube VideoYoutube VideoYoutube VideoYoutube Video