POSITION TITLE: Director-Global Marketing
BRAND: Youth to the People
LOCATION: El Segundo, CA
The Global Marketing Director will be responsible for driving the 360 launch plan strategy, the creative/product execution together with the activation & content development. S/he will help manage the development of the marketing panier as well as category growth worldwide. S/he will lead the liaison between all cross-functional teams.
- Define the short and long-term global marketing strategy for the respective category
- Develop innovative and out-of-the box product concepts
- Identify portfolio gaps through market analysis, trend identification and consumer insights
- Work closely with Product Development to drive product, benefits, vision and overall message based on market-relevant insights: global forecast, value analysis, brand profitability, development costs, etc.
- Integrate strategic countries in the development process to build strong marketing plan according to international markets (competition, distribution, consumers)
- Develop a strong 360 launch strategy for each product – own the consumer journey
- Create an integrated, engaging and consumer-centric brand/product experience by taking a lead on conversion-driven content and digital first marketing mix
- Develop creative content & communication strategies for the makeup portfolio (brand content, creator-led content, online & offline) consistent with the brand’s sense of purpose
- Accompany the wider 360 teams in preparation of meetings
- Responsible for product and content development timelines and senior management approvals to ensure on time delivery
- Lead marketing presentations to senior management and international markets
- Continue to grow core franchises; Identify key marketing opportunities to creatively drive brand awareness with maximum impact
- Manage, train and develop team members
- Knowledge of global marketing and product development
- Knowledge of international markets preferred
- Highly creative
- Out-of-the box thinker and able to produce innovative ideas
- Strong pulse for trends
- Excellent communication, presentation and concept-writing skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding of beauty and color cosmetics as well as the Gen Z consumer
- Deep understanding of the consumer journey and 360 activations
- Digital understanding in relation to concepts/products/execution
- Entrepreneurial spirit, attention to detail, customer-first mindset
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage complexity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and against tight deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with cross-functional departments
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint to demonstrate ideas, concepts and market findings (pie chart/bar graphs/etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field preferred
- Should have an understanding of the social media/digital environment (what content works on which platform?, Established/Emerging macro+micro creators, developing social-first mkt activation etc.).
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the beauty industry, specifically in color marketing/development
- Digital/360 experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
Salary Range: 130k-175k + bonus