Job Title Director, Media – SkinCeuticals
Division: L’Oreal Dermatological Beauty (LDB)
Location: New York, NY (Hudson Yards – USA HQ)
Reports To: Assistant Vice President, Media (LDB)
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Dermatological Beauty, our mission is to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin. Our division is the world leader in dermo-cosmetics by adding health to beauty. Our brands portfolio includes CeraVe, La Roche-Posay, Vichy, SkinCeuticals and Skinbetter Science offering a range of skincare products to respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin.
This role will be hyper focused on three main areas: strategic planning, measurement and insights, budget management. This role will lead the activation and launch of all media channels including streaming video, social, programmatic, publisher partners, search, and affiliate. The candidate will direct all media campaigns and will act as the hub between all cross functional teams, including the site team (digital solutions), eComm, CRM, social media (owned), PR and influencer (earned), content, marketing teams (local and global), agency of records, and corporate teams. The director will report directly into the division’s media lead, with a dotted line into the brand’s head of integrated communications.
- Lead Brand Strategic Planning:
- Lead the planning, implementation, execution and reporting of media campaigns across paid media channels and across the full funnel
- Work closely with marketing teams to ensure comprehensive briefing of brand short-term and long-term goals
- Manage agency relationship to help deliver annual channel mix recommendation and quarterly tactical plans
- Collaborate with data and CRM partners to leverage 1P data for more efficient consumer targeting
- Form strategic partnerships with publishers and other media partners to keep tabs on new opportunities
- Lead Brand Measurement and Insights Program:
- Lead the formulation and roll out of the brand’s learning agenda
- Work closely with agency and internal teams to share out on regular competitive reporting, including traditional (TV and print) and digital (video, display, social and search)
- Work closely with analytics team to share out monthly reporting on all transactional media supporting D2C sales, collaborating independently with ecommerce teams on reporting during key promotional periods
- Manage reporting on all brand lift programs, work closely with relevant teams to build out and report on programs leveraging social partner’s homegrown tools, as well as third party vendors (e.g. Kantar) for display and video campaigns
- Coordinate closely with division’s measurement lead to roll out annual MMM research project, including briefing with cross functional teams to understand business questions, and to report annually on media’s contribution to incremental sales
- Lead Brand Budget Management
- Oversee budgets across tactics and work closely with agency and internal teams to manage monthly pacing and RAF flighting
- Work closely with finance and brand controllers to manage Pure Media spends in P&L
- Liaise closely with leadership on approving monthly roll up of budgets
- Analytical: The candidate must be comfortable with large data sets and have advanced analytical skills for deep analysis of search trends, campaign performance, competitive analysis, and an understanding of KPI optimization opportunities
- Intellectually Curious: The candidate must be someone who loves data, shows curiosity about the “why”, is hungry to learn, and is naturally inquisitive
- Strong communicator: Must be able to present complex material to a diverse group of marketers and stakeholders in both written and verbal form. Ability to interact and present to all levels of the organization, including top management, sometimes taking complex concepts and distilling it down into simple prose
- Collaborative: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cross-functionally between Ecommerce, marketing, CRM, agency of record, global and corporate teams to help ensure maximum performance of campaigns
- Proficient in website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Proficient in search marketing tools (e.g. BrightEdge, SEO Rush, Adthena, etc.)
- Proficient in search ads managers (e.g. SA360, Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Pinterest, etc.)
- Proficient in social media business managers (e.g. Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft tools (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Google Adwords certification
- DV360 certification
- Facebook Blueprint certification
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in related field
- 7-10 years of relevant industry experience
- Brand, retailer, or digital agency experience a plus
- Beauty industry experience a plus
- Experience in SEO strategy and methodology a plus
As an integral part of our culture at L’Oréal, wellness is at our core. We not only offer a generous Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K), we also offer flexible time off, work from home days, and a pension plan! Additionally, you will have access to company perks such as Makeup, Skincare, and Fragrance! Employees receive a stipend for L'Oréal products as well as VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, and other perks such as Monthly Mobile Allowance, discounted gym memberships, and ERGs.
Additional Benefits Information As Follows:
- Salary Range: $140,100 - $203,200 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.