Job Title Project Engineer
Division: L’Oréal Dermatological Beauty
Location: Somerset, NJ
Reports To: Manager, Warehouse
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Dermatological Beauty, our mission is to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin. Our division is the world leader in dermo-cosmetics by adding health to beauty. Our brands portfolio includes CeraVe, La Roche-Possay, Vichy, SkinCeuticals offering a range of skincare and haircare products to respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin.
What You Will Learn:
Effectively manage and implement engineering projects as assigned by the Flows Manager, including equipment modifications, upgrades or replacements and continuous improvement projects, as well as process improvements. Provide support to the deployment of the project roadmap, managing a balanced and integrated framework for combining separate streams into a coherent overall project view.
- Work with Flows Manager to develop and justify the capital equipment plan for warehouse operations.
- Procure all necessary approvals for projects and activities.
- Performs analysis of processes, systems, methods, and procedures for the purposes of continuous improvement.
- Maintain state of the art knowledge of warehouse technology and provide appropriate advice or recommendations to management concerning improvements or upgrades in warehouse operations.
- Design the layout of flows operations to maximize efficient material flow and optimum application of the technological means of production.
- Submit Change Controls for any project work changes.
- Identify, select, cost justify, purchase, install, upgrade, modify, and improve capital equipment used in the warehouse.
- Where necessary, design and supervise the building of specialty equipment that will enhance the productivity of warehousing operations.
- Ensure projects meet their full success criteria including all safety, quality, performance, delivery, and budgetary requirements.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement activities that will maximize productivity and minimize cost in application of the technological and labor resources to the process.
- Implement and manage L’Oréal EOS improvement processes including (KANBAN, TPM)
- Provide support, guidance, and assistance to technical and warehouse personnel.
- Ensure that appropriate preventive maintenance programs are developed and implemented by technical and warehouse personnel.
- Supervise the activities of sub-contractors, suppliers, and service personnel.
- Manage and implement all L’Oréal policies and procedures including but not limited to, the Corporation’s Equal Employment Policy, safety and health procedures, etc.
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
- Build strong relationships with other groups in the site such as MSC, Finance and Engineering.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or major engineering discipline.
- 1-2 years’ experience in engineering work involving manufacturing and warehouse activities.
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Experience working with Project Management software.
- Strong experience and knowledge in using all Microsoft office products, especially PowerPoint. SAP, Wrike, Salesforce, and Power BI no required but nice to have.
- Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis without the need for legal sponsorship now or in the future (required).
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.