Job Title: Manager, Commercial Planning – Luxe
Division: Luxury Products Division
Location: NY, 10 Hudson Yards
Reports To: AVP, Commercial Planning
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 21 brands including major brands, highly aspirational and multi-expert, such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani and Youth to the People.
What You Will Do:
The Manager, Commercial Planning, with the assistance of the AVP, serves as a primary conduit for the Luxe Budget/Trend planning & forecasting process for Retails & Gross to Net Sales for the Brands. The Budget/Trend Retail and Net Sales set by the incumbent in alignment with the General Manager and Head of Sales for each Brand is used to calculate profit and Advertising & Promotional spend for the Brand.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
- Partner closely with Marketing to understand the A&P (Advertising & Promotional) spend to understand business drivers and how each Brand is planning to grow for Budget/Trend (new distribution, new products, growth on core products, sets, promotional activity)
- Work with Marketing & Supply Chain teams to have an understanding of Launch Activity and the size of the launch within each Brand, ensuring that the Key Account Director planned the Retails & Nets Sales for the Budget/Trend
- Partner with Finance and the Key Account Directors to understand our minorations spend which could impact our Gross to Net (promotional allowances, Markdowns, returns, and DIF) for the Budget/Trend process
- Work closely with the Key Account Directors and the Head of Sales (HOS) to understand the promotional activity by account for the Budgeting/Trending process
- Consolidate/aggregate all of the monthly projections from each of the Key Account Directors by account to build a bottoms up forecast which will then become the Budget/Trend for the entire Brand for Retail Sales and Net Sales
- Responsible for SPI bonus, steamlining Sales Ops point of view in key meetings, increase KPI transparency and design through current weekly meetings, consolidation of key forecasts and weekly sales reviews, among others.
- Manage cross division commercial planning projects such as weekly sales by retailer, consensus process alignment, service tracking, consolidation of trends, simplification of processes and expansion of reporting and insights.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required
- 3+ years of experience in a sales support role in Consumer Products or related field
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working in a data warehouse environment
- Understanding of the P&L
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex information to many internal audiences with differing levels of knowledge all the way up to and including the General Manager/President
- Analytical ability to influence decision making with facts and reasoning skills
- Ability to analyze data at granular levels
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple business priorities concurrently
- Ability to effectively work cross functionally
- Prior experience working within an SAP environment a plus
- Prior experience working with planning/forecasting a plus
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $100,400-$143,000
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.