As the Manager of Packaging Engineering, you will lead the engineering as it relates to a specific brand or technical category. You will be part of a team, contributing to the team vision, achieving métier and personal goals.
You will be at the forefront of your category or brand, interacting with marketing, innovation, various other audiences and higher management levels. Gaining a clear understanding of your brands portfolio and using your experience in packaging to be able to offer a strong/viable technical position, while bringing valuable and meaningful solutions to the brands you support.
You will be learning to navigate and resolve conflicts, present solutions efficiently and escalate in a timely manner. The role is expected to be dynamic, engaged at all levels, innovative, able to work in a fast environment and ready to contribute to the teams vision.
OVERALL BUSINESS ACUMEN & COMMUNICATION
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to deal effectively with all levels of a diverse and global organization and supplier base
- Flexible approach to problem solving, showing the ability to learn how to present compelling vision to gather senior management’s support of the teams ideas
- Experience in many of the technical elements necessary for the development and commercialization of new products, with an understanding of timing and financial impacts
- Good self-management and organizational skills to manage documentation, materials and information for rapidly changing priorities
- Curiosity, creativity and out of the box thinking
- Contribute to the leadership and development of other engineers in order to successfully elevate the attractiveness and visibility of the department
- Clearly support and contribute to a team vision and coach other department members to achieve department goals and objectives
- Partnering and leading effectively across different functions and levels. Establishing strong relationships built on trust, collaboration, solid technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Translation of innovation or marketing conceptions, into technically industrialized products
- Some experience and knowledge of mold functionalities and molding processes
- Building more experience in working with a broad spectrum of materials, the manufacturing, decorating techniques and functionality of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
- Able to anticipate and recognize risks, analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusion and deliver a solid technical report with viable packaging solutions to enable stakeholders to make quality decisions
- Knowledge of finished good manufacturing capabilities, supporting necessary line trials and how the component conception impacts efficiencies of the plant
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Performing all of the below with minimal supervision, requesting guidance only in some key technical or management areas.
- Manage and influence design to conception and design to cost
- Influence supplier selection from technical and overall business position
- Define, engineer and optimize technical conceptions
- Management of new tooling development, approval of technical drawings and part validation
- Fully own specifications and all technical milestones in project timelines to ensure on-time technical validations
- Understand and push Division + Operations + Vendors Adherence to key dates
- Anticipate and elevate blocking points to ensure meeting deadlines and or major launches
- Responsible for 1st component reception quality in the plant
- Be proficient in internal systems (MINDS, ESKO, Compak)
- Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
- Support and drive solutions to packaging consumer complaints and non-conformities
- Drive sustainability initiatives
- Support and drive value analysis initiatives
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
- Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
What’s In It For You:
- Must be eligible to work in the US on a continuous, on-going basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Minimum of 5+ years’ of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
- French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
- Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and CAD software
- Salary Range: $90,100 - $126,100 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.