Title: Senior Analytical Chemist II
Location: Clark, NJ
Department: L’Oréal Research & Innovation
Who We Are:
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes thatbeauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and theemergence of new scientific domains, we are confident in our ability to turnthese opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumerexpectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us toinvent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products andexperiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) has continuouslyinvested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 4,100L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in majormarkets, working in a cooperative way, open to the world. L’Oréal, Research& Innovation is a vast, multidisciplinary, scientific community working inmore than 30 specialized fields, spread out across the world in 21 researchcenters across 6 regional hubs, 14 evaluation centers, and 49 scientific andregulatory departments. Our employees represent over 60 nationalities and areunited for one passion: to invent and perfect innovative, high-performanceproducts for the well-being of all across the world.
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, AnalyticalChemistry is responsible for working with our over 35 brands and partnering with development and manufacturing teams to design studies, generate analytical data, and summarize findings regarding our products using the latest instruments, methodologies, and techniques. We value the development of products that are backed by science to establish stability, performance, safety, and quality regardless of the brand or division.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated scientist that is passionate about problem-solving and investigating thechemistry behind our products, can use data to support conclusionsand claims, and has a deep drive to ensure beauty products are heldto the highest standards in quality and safety. The successful candidate for this position must have expertise and hands on experience developing, validating, evaluating, and implementing methods for hair color, hair care and styling.
Todiscover more on our scientific and technical functions at L'Oréal Research& Innovation, please check out our website
What You’ll Do:
As a member of our Analytical Chemistry team, you have a keyrole to play in the development of our products. Your responsibilities willinclude the following:
- Lead and assists in designing and executing analytical procedures for analysis of active ingredients and formulation inserts for hair products
- Develop and validate analytical methods to advance the hair product development program and to ensure good quality, compliance, and safety. Emphasis on separations science (LC-UV/MS & GC-FID/MS).
- Foster & maintain open communication channels with partners around projects status and delivers technical reports, presentations and other documentation as needed.
- Liaise closely with stakeholders from sales, marketing, regulatory, operations and manufacturing to understand business needs, and provide technical support for before and after-market launches.
- Collects, process and interpret data accurately, derive conclusions based on sound science, and prepare reports to effectively communicate results and findings to key stakeholders (audience with and without scientific backgrounds).
- Utilize existing and implement new analytical technologies within a development program to foster innovation across the analytical technical community
- Serve as a subject matter expert. Collaborate closely with our brand partners in support of product development, to drive company strategy and initiatives to completion
- Adhere to written procedures and practices to ensure good quality, compliance, and safety
- Continually develop knowledge in new areas of product technology to improve efficiency in assigned projects.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes, delays, unexpected events, and able to manage multiple projects prioritizing the work to ensure on time delivery of results and critical project milestones
- Maintain awareness of consumer trends, as well as evolving capabilities in the analytical chemistry field
- Develop working relationships with cross-functional teams, labs, and international colleagues to ensure breadth and depth
- Perform general troubleshooting and maintenance for instrumentation
- Actively participate in L’Oréal’s international analytical technical communities
- MS in chemistry (+5 years of relevant experience), or BS in chemistry (+8 years of relevant experience). Separations sciences (LC & GC) focus is a must.
- Experienced with GC-FID, GC-MS, HPLC-UV, and HPLC-MS instrumentation is required.
- Have a strong experimental background and skills to solve challenging technical problems and develop novel methods/assays.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, analytical development and product characterization experience in hair color, care and styling is preferred.
- Proven ability to lead, plan, coordinate, and complete challenging analytical projects while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in a fast-paced/high intensity environment.
- Strong attention to details, decision-making skills, and adherence to safety procedures and practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills and experience using various IT systems and databases relevant to analytical technology.
- Ability to take calculated risks, be proactive and self-directed.
- Committed to delivering high quality results and overcoming challenges.
- Knowledge of ICH guidelines and regulations is a plus but not required.
- Self-motivated to learn, hardworking and curious individual with the ability to think innovatively about difficult research problems.
- Have passion to develop self and others within the organization.
- You are eligible to work in the US on an ongoing and continuous basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
What's In It For You:
- Corporate Short-Term Incentives (Corporate Profit-Sharing Bonus, Individual Performance Bonuses based on level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal,we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. Ifyou’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectlywith the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you toapply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in adiverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training,promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion,gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status,medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected].Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistancecompleting the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. Allothers will not be considered.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.