6 Months Full Time – Intern of Open Labs
L'Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. We are currently seeking a candidate to be part of the Consumer and Market Insight (CMI) group within Research and Innovation (R&I).
Design Thinking workshops are core to L’Oréal’s Innovation program. The CMI group supports the Direction Innovation (DI) team, by providing insights and designing Design Thinking Innovation workshop. The CMI group works in partnership with the DI team to structure consumer-centric workshops which are focused on creating new life-changing products. The CMI group designs and manages recruiting for these workshops (experts, consumers, creators, etc.) to facilitate consumer insight-driven new product development and consumer co-creation. The Intern of Open Labs will play a key role in this process.
- Strategizing and defining best methodologies to deliver our Innovation and new product development objectives.
- Overseeing planning of methodologies for workshops (from 1 day to 1 week) on-site and off-site.
- Workshop planning and logistical support (administration, vendor relations, catering, etc.)
- Recording workshops and capturing best practices, continuously evolving and improving the methodologies.
- Collaborating with all Open Lab and Innovation stakeholders to ensure they have what they need to succeed.
- Producing clear and insightful research reports (including lessons learned) and workshop summaries.
Ideal Skills & Character
- Authoritative and natural leader
- Creative and experimental
- High EQ (consumer-centricity and empathy) – a good “people person”
- Energetic, dynamic presentation and public speaking skills
- Agile, flexible, adaptive, responsive and resourceful
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Clear and concise speaking and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with off-site work-session and event planning and production
- Excellent writing and communication skills (with strong presentation skills)
- Familiarity with audio recording, filming and photographing workshops
Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
This is a full time role based in Clark, NJ.
This role will report to the VP, Consumer & Market Foresight & Insight.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.