AVP OF ARTIST TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
JOB TITLE: AVP OF ARTIST TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
JOB GRADE: AVP
SUPERVISOR TITLE: SVP. MATRIX/ USA
LOCATION: FIELD EDUCATION/ REMOTE
The AVP of Artist Training & Development is responsible for the strategy, planning and implementation of the Matrix Training and Education programs including Artist Inductions and Trainings, Key Brand programs and Specialty Events to ensure that the artists, full-time educators, and field sales and education teams, are providing best in class service and support to the customer.
The AVP of Artist Training & Development is responsible for the coaching, training and development of the Brand’s Education Network. This position directly manages the US Training Team and works in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, AVP Field Education and Brand VP Global Education to achieve the highest standards in line with the Matrix global strategy.
- High School graduate.
- Current cosmetology license
- At least 5- 10 years of education and/or professional beauty industry experience.
- Ability to manage a high volume of activity, with adaptability to changing demands
- Knowledge of business and educational aspects of organization
- Ability to plan, develop, and adhere to budgets, for all field training activity and T&E
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Ability to travel (minimum 50% TBD)
- Ability to be flexible, proactive and impact change
Key Understandings and Commitments:
- Understand and embrace the L’Oreal/PPD Culture and Philosophy.
- Full comprehension of the Brands Education philosophy and training methodology.
- Facilitate and participate in all corporate events inclusive of Divisional Meetings.
- Supports all Brand events and shows as directed.
- Maintains technical competence under L’Oreal/PPD standards.
- Attends and facilitates divisional meetings and sales meetings as directed.
- Maintain the Brand Image as defined by the NYO.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Work in collaboration with SVP Matrix US and VP Education, Global to define education strategy aligned with overall brand objectives and priorities
Direct and oversee US Training Team to:
- Plan, analyze and adapt to the needs of the customer (salon/stylist) by providing best in class brand education
- Create blended online-offline learning paths to recruit, coach, train and develop Matrix Education network in adherence with Brand standards of excellence
- Lead key US training initiatives from inception through execution, both digital & in person
- Support & collaborate in development of Class Curriculum in partnership with Global Education
- Partner with & Influence Sales Teams to leverage education for salon conquest, ISMS increase & sales growth
- Partner with Global Education Team & Digital Teams (US & DMI) to develop digital content for “always-on” education (ACCESS)
- Create a positive and collaborative team culture around global Brand values and mission
- Adopt the methodologies of Training and Education as identified by the Global Education Team to ensure a consistent branding of education.
- Work with Artists to create content for US shows & events, aligned to brand priorities and standards
- Develop, communicate and execute the creative vision and content for US-led Shows & Events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.