Función del empleo: Research & Innovation
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
Localización: Clark, NJ
País: United States
DEPARTMENT: Fast Beauty Innovation in MU lab
DIVISION: Research & Innovation
REPORTS TO: Director
LOCATION: Clark NJ
- Collaborate actively in the trend detection process (ie scouting and detecting of the emerging trends - fashion, opinion leader and competition / professional cosmetics exhibition - & via the web, via the blogs, Instagram, etc). Participate in the collaboration with trends agencies (BeautyStream). Follow and listen to our brands (from NY or LA) for creative inspiration and concept development.
- Follow competition in collaboration and connection with the MU categories labs. Understand the competitive landscape surrounding all categories and identify areas of opportunity.
- Hands on creation of cross-category fast beauty innovations applying the concept of Assembling and Integrating as well as Fine Tuning. Formulate smartly to create innovation with a TTM obsession:
- Anticipate new compatibility and safety studies for new product destinations.
- Assure the implementation of the format on line in our different plants.
- Innovate by bringing new colors and effects performances, by finding the adapted base to support them and/or by identifying new RMs. Participate in upstream collaborations with vendors. Attend supplier / DIMP presentations and identify raw materials and technologies suitable for product development.
- Monitor and ensure the quality of all new products in terms of stability, compatibility, micro, safety, and regulatory requirements. Perform all relevant formula related testing.
- Have an awareness of the OD formula portfolio and vendor innovations. Be able to position and map them with a color and finish entry vs our own portfolio.
- Collaborate strongly with category labs: work side by side in the creation process, taking advantage of their knowhow and expertise.
- Associate fast beauty innovations with a full picture of timing, PRI and quantities.
- BS in Chemistry or related science, Master's or Ph.D. a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the cosmetics industry. Candidate must have strong expertise of cross-category cosmetic formulation - ideally with vendor experience.
- Ideal candidate will display creativity but also be pragmatic and will know how to transfer an idea / a vision into a product.
- Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple projects, and work with various groups within a matrix organization. Must have strong organizational and coordination skills.
- Must be adept at giving technical presentations to large groups of professionals.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Authorization to work long-term in the U.S.
◄ Volver a lista de empleos