L'Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. We are currently seeking a candidate to be part of the dynamic Consumer & Market Insight (CMI) group. This co-op role is up to 16 hrs. per week for up to 12 months and is located in one of the L'Oreal USA facilities (New York City, NY or Clark, NJ).
The Consumer & Market Intelligence Team (CMI) provides information that facilitates management decision-making on broad strategic as well as tactical day-to-day marketing and business issues.
The Intern/ Part-Time Co-Op should be analytical, a self-starter, familiar with social media and passionate about beauty (Hair Color, Hair Care, Hair Styling, Skincare, Makeup). This role is ideal for a “beauty junkie” with strong analytical skills.
- Identifies new and upcoming product launches in makeup, skincare and sun care
- Exploring competitive activity in the beauty market (Hair Color, Hair Care, Hair Styling, Skincare, Makeup)
- Exploring new product launches (Hair Color, Hair Care, Hair Styling, Skincare, Makeup)
- Compile written summaries of market trends and new products
- Currently a BS or Master’s student in Cosmetics, Marketing/Marketing Research, Competitive Intelligence, Social Sciences or related fields.
- Excellent/oral written communication skills
- Knowledge of various social media outlets (blogs, online review websites, etc.)
- Familiar with beauty products (Hair Color, Hair Care, Hair Styling, Skincare, Makeup)
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
Work 16hours per week in either Clark, NJ or Hudson Yards, NYC office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.