When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: To create beauty that moves the world. By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By capturing data from all our different tech platforms and make them available for business to take bold decisions in the pursue of meeting consumers’ needs and desires.
Do you have an analytical sense and strong interest in Business Intelligence and data, are you ambitious and thrive in an ever-changing world? Then you might be our next Data Project Delivery Manager at L’Oréal Denmark.
A Data Project Delivery Manager who is ready to take L’Oréal to the next level of delivering key customer and data insights needed for data-driven decision making across the organisation. We are on a platform transformation journey, migrating our current data platforms such as MS BI, SAP HANA etc. to GCP. You will have a central project role between key business stakeholders and Nordic IT on one side and Nordic IT and IT EUROPE (in Paris) on the other side.
- Manage the connection between Europe data delivery services and Nordics business for developments on GCP
- Build strong business relationship to the Head of Data & Analytics team to understand their need for data, enhance UX, assist in Power BI reports, and general support
- Master the data product portfolio for Nordics
- Manage local data projects with the zone data governance
- Coordinate and assist to roll-out of global and zone use cases according to local priorities
- Responsible for our IT data road map and our data portfolio
- Contribute to the new zone data organization design and build
- Part of 1-2 data squad teams together with your European colleagues
- Responsible for the Nordic RUN of current BI tools in relation to execution, coordination, follow-up with business key users, demands specifications, training, and roll out of new features
- KPI follow-up
- You have strong analytical skills and ability to work with details
- You are proactive and service minded with the ability to seek solutions for users
- You can see data capture opportunities in e-com, sales, supply, CRM etc.
- You thrive in a challenging and international agile working environment
- You are ambitious with a good sense of humour
- You are a quick learner and possess a positive learning attitude
- You can communicate technical matters in a non-technical way to the business
On the professional level we emphasize...
- Experienced in GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Some experience in Azure is an advantage
- Previous experience with MS BI software
- MS Excel experienced with pivot tables and PowerPoint
- Power BI experiences
- SAP ECC/SAP HANA knowledge is an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Excellent English skills both spoken and written
- An opportunity for personal and professional development within a multinational company
- Experience of working with data in one of the world’s leading FMCG companies
- You will work in a team of spirited colleagues with strong professional profiles
- Being part of a large and international IT Data Community
- Implementing new data projects that meet the future for data analytics, AI, augmented services etc.
- You will refer to the Nordic IT Business Solutions Manager
We are looking for the Data Project Delivery Manager to as soon as possible. The employment is permanent. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
L’Oréal Denmark is the Headquarters for our Nordic IT Services that cover Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland. The Data department is responsible for the data reporting in all 4 countries for all business units and corporate functions.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great level of responsibility from the very start, challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of trainings and e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic and international working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and counting 500 employees.
Who are we?
Leading the world in beauty and pioneering the world of beauty tech; we are 86K employees across 150 countries on five continents and has a unique international portfolio of 36 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 32 billion euros in 2021, and e-commerce growing by 26% accounting for a record high 28,9% of the Group’s sales. We push boundaries and move fast globally to stay ahead of the game. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship, and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation. Your job will be your own innovation playground.
What we do at L’Oréal always have a big impact. Because we sell 7 billion products per year. At L’Oréal, we define success as making a positive, conscious impact. We’ve been recognized as the World most ethical company in the world by Ethisphere®. For the sixth time in a row, L’Oréal has been recognized as a global leader in sustainable development by the international non-profit organization CDP® in three areas: combating climate change, sustainable management of water and protecting forests, for the fourth year running. In 2021, L’Oréal was for the 4th consecutive year ranked among the TOP 5 most gender-balanced companies in the world by Equileap®. We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. For us, our job is more than just a job, it is about building a better future for others and our planet.
Freedom to Go Beyond. That’s the Beauty of L’Oréal.