JOB TITLE: Manager - Demand Planning
REPORTS TO: Director - Category Management, Hair Color
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, FL (SalonCentric National Operations Center)
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The Demand Planning Business Manager is responsible for overseeing the demand planning, purchasing and inventory management of product for a range of entire product categories. The position is accountable for working with and developing a Demand Planning Analysts and for creating process that will improve productivity. The Demand Planning Business Manager plays a key role in developing and maintaining relationships with manufacturer partners/brands. Along with the Category Director in a specific product category, they are accountable to deliver on category and brand strategies/goals/financials via collaboration amongst their own teams and cross-functional partners including but not limited to sales channels, supply chain, marketing, finance, physical distribution, education, shows…
- Drive Profitable Sales, Deliver Margin and Meet Inventory Objectives
- Strategize with cross functional teams for opportunities to drive top line sales and increase margin while maintaining appropriate inventory levels
- Manage and set levels of inventory/goals by brand to achieve a balance of inventory productivity
- Provide sales forecasts based on historical analysis, trends, future product launches and promotional events
- Lead the team in developing forecasts and reporting to management on a regular basis
- In Conjunction with Category Directors and Finance, develop annual and monthly business plans by brand
- Proactively provide assessment/ backup data via reporting and analysis for sales trends, promotions, new item and new brand launches
- Allocate promotional dollars to accurately support sales channels, shows and events while keeping in check the overall number of promotions (increase promotional efficacy)
- Proved forecast to brands for optimal production planning
- Develop statistical forecast models
- Research and document demand drivers and future opportunities
- Provide analytics to support margin enhancement opportunities
- As a team with the Category Director, develop, maintain and enhance relationships with partner brands and provide leadership within the SalonCentric Organization
- Hire (with Category Director and AVP of Supply Chain), onboard, train and retain new Demand Planning Analysts as needed
- Mentor peers and members of the overall team (Supply Chain Analysts, Store Replenishment Analysts, Assistant Category Managers and new hires).
- In conjunction with Category Management, take on additional leadership responsibilities and special projects such as arranging and preparing for brand meetings (top to top, market visits…), lead/participate in task forces, be involved in process improvement validation/system testing
- Proactively provide guidance and communication to cross functional teams regarding brand projections on inventory availability or launches
- Take on additional duties as requested by management
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in planning or similarly analytical field; experience in financial analysis, forecasting, data/statistical analysis highly desirable
- Experience in Leading/Mentoring direct reports
- Strong software skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to interact effectively and professionally with peers and management
- Ability to work in team environment and independently
- Must have long-term authorization to work in the U.S.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.