Job Description Form
Job Title: Director – Creative (Creative Pod Lead)
Function: Creative (DMI)
Supervisor Title: Category Pod Lead, PPD US DMIs
Location: Terminal Stores - 606 W 28th Street New York, NY 10001
Responsible for the creative output of PPD US DMI category pod, under the direction of the Category Pod Lead with alignment of VP – Creative. Will concept, direct, and assist in the execution of all DMI creative assets within assigned categories. Working closely with the Category Pod Lead and VP - Creative, ensure all executions adhere to the established DMI brand charter. Co-own the creative brief and deliverables list with the Creative Traffic Director as aligned on by the Pod Leader and provided by the Pod Admin. Work with the Creative Traffic Director to assign executional tasks to the freelance creative support team, and lead the creative direction of those tasks to ensure the assets are delivered on time and are consistent with the established DMI brand charter.
Section 3: Job Requirements
- College degree in Design, Marketing, Business or related field preferred. Certificate or diploma in visual arts or other creative fields preferred. High school diploma required.
- 7+ years creative or related field experience, preferably with beauty industry-related experience.
- Proven experience in creating comprehensive brand expression (ideally 5-10 years)
- Proficiency of all relevant computer programs (MAC and PC)
- In-depth sensitivity to our métier
- Exceptional craftsmanship skills and attention to detail
- Planning and anticipating project needs
- Ability to make quick decisions, problem solve and multi-task
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen a plus
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively manage relationships with diverse international internal and external contacts
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong execution, leadership and consensus building/decision making skills.
- Computer literacy on Windows, iOS, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to travel domestically periodically (max. 25%).
- Language skills a plus.
- Experience in packaging development (including shape, material, copy)
- Thorough knowledge of the creative process, including practical implementation, in order to effectively gauge workloads and deadline expectations.
- Ability to articulate clear business direction and strategies; to motivate and inspire creative team. Also, to liaise between different departments, participate in senior level management discussions and facilitate the creative process at all levels.
- Excellent administrative skills to manage budgets for Creative Department
- Knowledge of the fashion and beauty business preferred
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
This position requires limited supervision. An ideal candidate will work autonomously to complete projects and assignments as well as work cross functionally to achieve short and long-term brand objectives.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Office based role with long periods of sitting and computer work. Minimal physical activities, lifting up to 25lbs. required occasionally. Travel required up to 25% as well.
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Category Pod Lead and Creative Leads, support PPD US DMI’s brand identity and translate it throughout the entire creative process
- Oversee pod creative output and production in terms of advertising image (trade and consumer print), copywriting, packaging design and artwork, merchandising, display, sales promotion, and education and training materials.
- Manage product photography and retouching; promotional display graphics; point of sale materials
- Direct design and copy across pod to create distinct territories, including image, brand name, voice, corporate video, etc..
- Manage outside vendors when necessary, including briefing, quality control, timing and budgeting.
- In alignment with the Digital partners, responsible for the direction of all agile content creation for PPD US DMI’s global social channels, as well as Axis educational content within my assigned categories.
- Working closely with the Packaging AD, responsible for the creative direction and execution of all packaging specific photoshoots.
- Responsible for the direction and execution of over-arching DMI
brand communication materials and assets (ie product guides, style
guide/brand book evolution, educational brochures, and non-category specific video content).
Section 8: Required Competencies:
- Puts the consumer as the central focus
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Demonstrates sound-judgement in decision-making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds and manages a consumer/customer centric organization
- Gives space for initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers with integrity both sustainable and short term results
- Fosters a climate of trust and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Enhances transversal co-operation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
5. People Developer
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Leverages diversity
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.