Función del empleo: Sales & Business Development
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
Localización: New York, NY
País: United States
Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Director Education & Events
Division: Luxe - Designer Fragrances
Supervisor: Assistant Vice President Education & Events
Location: Field Based (West Coast or NY)
Section 2: Job Summary:
Oversee all counter tools as well as seminar literature. Manage the planning and execution of education programs throughout the country as it relates to Seasonal, Basic, corporate seminars, webinars, account specific training needs, in close partnership with the FVP’s/RSD’s and AVP, Education. Work closely with Account Executives to ensure retail achievement. Manage the National /Regional Makeup Artist(s) and associated makeup artistry programs within country. The expectation is that the Education Director will spend 60% of their time in the field. Oversee the planning and execution of learning programs throughout the country as it relates to Luxury Service Sense, Basic, Seasonal Seminars, Intersell training as well as account specific training needs, in close partnership with the AVP of Education and the FVP’s/RSD’s. Work closely with Education Managers and Account Executives to develop their training skills and make sure Beauty Consultant/ Face Designers needs are met. Ensure the LUXE Client Experience is understood and executed at all counters. Monitor talent management tools and BATA reports to strategize BC/FD Performance and retail achievement. Manage the National/Regional Makeup Artist(s) training programs within area.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
1. Bachelor degree and minimum of 5+ years experience in cosmetic or retail management
2. Self motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
3. Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
4. Analytical in approach to identifying opportunities
5. Knowledge and awareness of beauty industry, market and competitive trends
6. Strong negotiation skills
7. Ability to establish strong working relationships
8. Proficient computer skills necessary – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making :
Strong judgment and decision making skills are required in this role. There is close to moderate supervision.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements (if applicable – i.e. lifting – exactly how much, bending, climbing, driving equipment):
Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
Section 6: Financial Scope (if applicable):
Annual Budget Responsibility: personal T&E budget, education meeting budget, oversight of NMA T&E and event budgets, Seminar budget for entire brand
Annual Revenue Responsibility: not applicable
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
1. Ensure consistent implementation of education programs including product knowledge, selling techniques, service standards & coaching.
2. Partner with Field Vice President/Regional Sales Director to review business and determine education needs and programs by retail account. Communicate clearly to all levels the goals and expectation for average unit sales, transactions and daily demonstrations. Develop action plans to overcome obstacles to retail sales achievement.
3. Analyze BATA information on Beauty Consultants/Face Designers. Evaluate and discuss staff performance quarterly with Field Sales Vice President/Regional Sales Director and Assistant Vice President, Education. Provide action plan to improve performance.
4. Design/write POS tools to ensure relevancy and accuracy: shade finders, Goal Pocket Cards, consultation guides & Face Charts Assist writing team in developing printed tools/programs: hand over documents from Global DMI, US Marketing.
5. Manage National/Regional Artistry Programs. Plan and approve Artist’s calendar(s) and oversee budgets. Determine best use of time based on feedback from Field Sales Vice President and Regional Sales Directors. Track, evaluate and provide feedback/recommendations on how to improve events, coach the teams and grow the NMA programs in conjunction with the NYO Education team.
6. Assist with recruitment, interviewing and orientation of new team members as requested.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
1. Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
2. Interacts Effectively
Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks
3. Manages Complexity
Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes decisions
4. Achieves Results with Integrity
Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
6. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
7. Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oreal
Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business, understands beauty
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.