Director - Marketing, Redken Styling
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of US marketing programs in line with established strategic divisional goals. The Director has overall responsibility for the brand vision for the next 1-2 years and achieving the annual budget plan as well as the growth of the brand in their respective categories. The Director will interface with departments such as: business development, finance, education, public relations, marketing services, creative, labs, technical packaging, International marketing teams and Executive Management. The Director will manage and develop a team of cross functional marketing members.
BUSINESS LEAD FOR REDKEN STYLING
- Set Styling strategy and vision. Responsible for articulating vision to team to ensure 100% clarity on mission and team member contribution to the objectives.
- Work with POD to execute key initiatives. Ensure that launches are delivered on Time and On Budget. Strive for executional excellence on all marketing initiatives.
- Develop forecast for Styling, track and re-trend as needed. Ensure Demand Planning is current on latest estimates
- Set Pricing Strategy. Develop Sku Rationalization strategy. Route through necessary approval channels to meet account needs.
- Understand market share gaps for both professional and consumer markets, identify white space and strategies to gain share and outperform competition.
- Own multi channel strategy across retailers with focus on omni channel.
- Responsible for management meeting prep.
SUPPORTS BRAND ACCELERATION
- Collaborate with DMI to ensure launches and brand initiatives are relevant to the US market.
- Modernize content and go to market strategy, identify key opportunities, and build plans to action them.
- Own content and media strategy for Styling
- Partner with Sales to ensure correct promotional and account support is in place to reach objectives.
- Collaborates with IMC POD to execute key launch and brand initiatives. Facilitates launch planning as required.
- Deliver on best in class merchandising for both Saloncentric and Ulta stores.
- Partner with the PPD HQ team to ensure brand vision and strategies hold across Amazon and Ulta.
- Coach Styling team members and elevate skill set. Encourage collaboration and help break down barriers to performance.
- Foster an environment of collaboration and positive morale on the team.
- Minimum 7-10 years progressively responsible experience successfully guiding strategic marketing, branding, and product management.
- Understanding and Appreciation of the Professional Beauty Industry
- Exceptional financial acumen required including experience with budgeting and P&L management.
- Strategic thinker and effective communicator at all levels of the organization
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to lead, motivate, and develop team members.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships across functional areas of the business enabling the successful achievement of initiatives across all brand categories.
- Understanding of the digital ecosystem including media, CRM, ecommerce and content.
- Superior leadership and communication skills. Need to be able to articulate clear business direction and strategies. Also, to liaise between different departments, participate in senior level management discussions and facilitate the creative process at all levels.
- Ability to travel domestically periodically (25%).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.