Hudson Yards, New York NY
This role will offer a hybrid model upon return to the office of three days in and two days remote per week. We cannot consider fully remote candidates or those requiring more than two days remote per week.
Director, Consumer & Market Intelligence
Overall, the Director of Professional Products Division (PPD) Consumer & Market Insights (CMI) will work to lead the activation and local creation insight efforts for the Hair metier within the PPD Division (Haircare, Styling and Hair Color). You will partner with Local US Professional Products Division and Global Leaders to ensure optimal research plans and budgets are built and flawlessly executed, in partnership with the hair category VP.
Core insight areas the Director will be responsible for include:
- Concept Testing and Product Validation (for Local Creation)
- Package and Shelf Testing
- Custom Survey Design, Qualitative, and Quantitative Methods
- Equity and Awareness Tracking
- Management of Proprietary Consumer Panels and Tools
- Budget and expectations management along with agency resource management
Success will be driven in-part by delivering strong consumer-driven and stylist-driven insights to the professional group. Balancing daily project needs while delivering against meaningful strategic priorities. Managing across both US and DMI teams (both Divisions) to exceed expectations. Building a strong divisional network to allow for penetration and integration into team issues, strategic meetings, and general division culture/work processes.
- Fully immerse in the business needs and situations within PPD brand teams, becoming a trusted ally and team member.
- Build agency relationships related to the PPD work and maximize their operational output and potential, while bringing new innovative tools and methods to the group.
- Disseminate and animate actionable insights that will drive L’Oreal brand growth, internally and with our external customer base.
- Budget management and project status tracking and reporting.
The Director of PPD CMI will form close partnerships with Marketing Operations and DMI (global) leaders across the division. Domestic and Global CMI and their prospective teams. Outside vendors and agencies.
Experience & Key Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in marketing preferably. MBA a plus.
- Requires 4-6 years of industry experience, through positions/ assignments in market research (whether custom or syndicated) or marketing.
- Industry background includes traditional CPG; beauty industry experience helpful.
- The successful candidate will have the following key personal qualities: aggressive, results orientation, proactive and ‘make it happen’ attitude; team builder and strong listener / communicator (oral, written); ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; flexible and adaptable (willing to look at things in new, unique ways); strong planner, organizer, and with a demonstrated record of bringing ‘vision’ and ‘strategy’ to life.
- Solid track record of relationship management, problem solving, and influencing... as they will be working across many unique teams.
- Passion for consumer insights and the beauty industry.
- Positive approach and transparent with projects/work/planning.
- Self-starter; can work autonomously to get things done.
- Eager to learn new industries, consumer targets, distribution channels.