Job: Director, Consumer Activation Lead – essie
Location: Hudson Yards, New York - New York
The Consumer Activation Lead for essie is a newly created position that will be the data center for all insights for our consumer. They will play a key role in building the brand’s consumer go-to-market strategy and managing all channels of activation for our brands – including, but not limited to, paid media (traditional, digital, and programmatic), consumer relationship marketing, data-driven marketing, and services. This multi-faceted role brings together strategy, creativity, and analysis to build targeted campaigns that reach our consumers with efficiency and builds our consumer data-base while reducing acquisition costs.
The essie Consumer Activation Lead will report into the SVP of Marketing and a dotted line to the division’s CDMO. They will manage a team of direct reports and agency resources.
Our team attributes:
- Collaborative empowerment – we all win together as one digital team!
- Progressive mindset – we aim to break the auto-pilot through test, learn, and scale fast with strong ROI focus.
- Optimistic self-starters – we have a positive mindset, are AGILE and are not afraid to be scrappy! We are always up for a challenge.
- Left brain / right brain – we are passionate about data driven decision-making alongside creativity and innovation.
- Diversity & inclusivity – we value a team made up of diverse backgrounds and experiences and thrive with an inclusive culture.
Develop a brand activation strategy informed by the L’Oréal USA/CPD first-party data pool, our retailer partner data, and our social listening insights. Partner with cross-functional team members to develop and reach audience growth goals, media ROAS, and market share growth.
The Consumer Activation Lead will lead a data-driven approach across the entire brand organization, ensuring that all major stakeholders understand the synthesized data points you’ve gathered on our consumer as well as how to best activate on these. They will bring the leadership team recommendations regarding holistic campaign and channel strategies, tactic shifts, and much more. We are looking for a consumer-focused, analytical marketing professional who is a skilled communicator across a large organization and has a proven track record of working cross functionally. This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on the following key deliverables to support the development of customer-centric programs that drive profitable, long-term relationships.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LEADING THE:
- BRAND CONSUMER STRATEGY:
- Responsible for leading the overall go-to-market consumer and channel strategy for the brand, as well as define channel specific strategies for DTC and retailers, utilizing all available data points
- Create multi-channel strategies that blends brand marketing with direct marketing principles to enhance solutions and/or new recommendations to build the consumer experience
- Translate consumer insights into activation strategies, and execute them across your agency partnerships
- MEDIA STRATEGY:
- Owner of the brand’s Wavemaker relationship (media agency), accountable for brand message consistency and cohesion across all consumer touch points (axes, franchises, channels and mediums).
- Bring media and campaign recommendations to head of marketing on shifts, based on performance reporting and consumer-focused data from internal and external sources (CMI reporting, retailer consumer reports, ROI)
- Communicate high level budget changes to Wavemaker Media Agency as it affects media plans, with support from media leads.
- Partner with head of sales to align on retailer objectives, and ensure proper marketing budgets to support goals
- ACQUISITION, ACTIVATION, PERSONALIZATION, and RETENTION:
- Support brands in standardizing data capture across all consumer touchpoints, and represent the voice of CPD while services and products are being developed to further data acquisition goals
- Support brands in meeting their 1P database activation goals by enabling reactivation strategies, best practices for email triggers, and driving BSP agency innovation and opportunities for brands to win in data activation.
- This includes partnering with the Omni-Channel Activation team to leverage available retailer data and the Media Team to leverage 3rd party purchased data.
- Support brands in developing holistic strategy that enables personalization by channel, including but not limited to – rich data collection strategy, ux websites, services development, 3rd party partnerships, and cross-brand data sharing
- Responsible for tracking retention of consumer audience segments and understanding causation
- Acts as key point of contact for the brand with Media Agency (Wavemaker)
- Acts as point of escalation for BSP DATA DRIVEN MARKETING Agency (Accenture)
- Manages a team of DDM/CRM experts that support all data collection, measurement, and 1:1 communication with brand consumers
- WAYS OF WORKING:
- Acts as key point of contact for the division for interfacing with Global CPD CDO, L’OREAL Data Driven Marketing Lead, and other divisions within LUSA
- Responsible for onboarding new brands into the division
- Responsible for upskilling the division when new strategies are available, developed, and rolled out within the group
YOU WILL HAVE:
- 7+ years’ experience in Digital Marketing, Retail, Direct-to-Consumer Marketing
- Expertise in Media management and best practices with proven experience in delivering against ROAS and Sales goals
- Experience in Customer Relationship Marketing concepts and proven experience in delivering against consumer communication goals
- Proven track record of converting data-driven analytics to gain consumer insights, drive targeted digital campaigns, optimize user experience, and drive conversion
- Hands on experience in designing and driving digital campaigns using channels such as paid and organic search, social, mobile, email display, affiliate and retargeting
- Experience in managing a team, both as direct reports and external agencies
YOU WILL NEED:
- CPG digital marketing knowledge; Beauty experience – a plus
- Knowledge of most current digital technologies, trends, and tools
- Ability to think strategically, drive results, build a high-performance organization, continuously drive innovation and inspire the organization to achieve and exceed its objectives
- Strong leaderships skills with the ability to manage, engage, mentor and retain team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate complicated concepts and recommended courses of action to engage diverse audiences and influence senior executives
- Ability to deliver results in a highly matrixed environment
- Highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and consensus on initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.