Job Title Director, Processing
Division: Consumer Products
Location: Florence, KY
Reports To: Plant Manager
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
Manufacturing Processing Director
Position Overview: Manage and direct all operational activities of assigned Unit of Production and staff to ensure safe, efficient attainment of the production plan while adhering to prescribed quality standards, efficiency targets and inventory objectives.
- Oversees all production activity for the Processing Department to meet or exceed service levels and demand
- Leads a team of managers, supervisors, professionals, and processing employees, continually encouraging 100% employee engagement
- Continually assesses the performance indicators of the UP and provides vision and guidance to the UP team to develop actions to improve on the basis of indicators
- Develops, in conjunction with MSC, long term production plans that maximize the efficient utilization of manufacturing resources to meet demand
- Work with MSC to define the filling and/or processing schedule for the UP over the blocked and long-term horizon, with high accuracy.
- Manages and applies L’Oréal USA financial management tools to operational activity
- Oversees the preparation of the operating and capital budgets for the UP
- Considers UP economic constraints in the schedule definition.
- Reports the requirements and account for the availability of labor.
- Interfaces with Industrial Quality on RM/AC/WIP/BULK/FG inspection priorities
- Performs in a lead role in the planned transition of additional products from other L’Oreal USA plants or contract manufactures.
- Ensures the accuracy of UP inventories of all article types.
- Ensures compliance of L’Oréal Quality, Safety and Environmental policies within the UP
- Participates in the recruitment and training of employees
- Actively supports coaching and development of staff, ensuring development of technical and professional competencies
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required in Engineering/Industrial Engineering or a related technical field.
- 10 years related experience at a minimum
- At least 5 years manufacturing leadership experience, cosmetics or consumer goods manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Excellent leadership experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Labor relations experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (experience with spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management). SAP knowledge preferred.
- A self-driven attitude and a passion for manufacturing.
- A collaborative and positive attitude.
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing techniques (Six Sigma, TPM, Kaizen).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.