Función del empleo: Research & Innovation
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
Localización: Clark, NJ
País: United States
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
- Evaluate and validate product claims for L’Oréal products, including claims-related launch responsibilities for domestic, regional and international brands collaborating closely with L’Oréal colleagues globally. Primary stakeholders will include the product development, product evaluation, regulatory, safety, marketing and legal teams, worldwide Claims and Country Scientific Directors.
- Perform legal and compliance review of advertising copy in all forms of media including but not limited to, television, digital media, packaging, print, public relations and other promotional materials.
- Apply and provide claims advice applying laws, regulations and guidance from Federal Trade Commission, Food & Drug Administration and National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau.
- Act as sustainability and environmental claims expert and coordinator of L’Oréal programs in these areas, for the Claims Substantiation team
- Act as Principal contact person in the claims review in assigned areas, from inception to launch and beyond.
- Review test reports, test designs and literature to determine if sufficient for claims support.
- Participate in task forces on new claim territories with in-house experts in the field
- Create claims dossiers and provide substantiation dossiers to authorities in the US and abroad as needed, includes attestations, television network substantiations and retailer substantiation requests.
- Collaborate with international colleagues on Claims/Communications limitations in countries where products will be sold.
- Identify and analyze potential risks and assist the Legal team in defending claims-related legal challenges (litigations).
- Keep management informed of escalating issues. Assist management with formulating and implementing policy.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
- Advanced Degree or Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school. Bar admission in at least one state
- Minimum of four years industry experience (cosmetics/personal care, pharmaceutical, food or products), including specific experience in claims substantiation, preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the product claims regulations and U.S. compliance landscape
- Legal and technical experience in sciences related to environmental law, preferred.
- An active leadership role with Marketing, Legal and within R&I to resolve disputes on claims.
- Collaborative, strategic, excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- The ability to work in a cross functional role and to interact effectively across highly matrixed global organization.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal) and the ability to identify and recommend solutions to problems.
- Multi-lingual. English fluency, Portuguese, French and/or Spanish would also be a plus.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an on-going basis and will not require sponsorship now or in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
◄ Volver a lista de empleos