Data-Driven Marketing / CRM Director
L’Oreal Active Cosmetics Division
This highly visible role is responsible for supporting the long-term vision of developing data-driven consumer marketing across the Active Cosmetics Division (ACD), in order to build profitable, long-term customer relationships. This individual will continue to evolve the divisions’ approach to loyalty and database driven marketing strategies. He/she will provide consumer insights support as well as audience development support for digital media campaigns.
The Data-Driven Marketing (DDM) Director will lead a team of CRM specialists that represent each of ACD’s 5 brands: SkinCeuticals, CeraVe, Dermablend, Vichy, and La-Roche Posay. The role collaborates with multiple stakeholders including, but not limited to the division President, brand GMs and heads of Marketing, and digital teams to drive “direct-to-consumer” programs. The DDM Director will maximize all opportunities to cross-reference and merge learnings from multiple data sources, (i.e., CRM database, site data, vendor level data, retailer databases, etc.) to create multi-channel strategies.
The Division Lead will drive the brands teams to segment & target customers more precisely, improving the number of active and loyal customers, and influence the teams to drive tech adoption of the DDM Ecosystem.
Consumer Focused Key Accountabilities:
- Create and continually refine and help optimize direct-to-consumer communications (including email, SMS and direct mail) with new mar-tech and models
- Responsible for divisional CRM goals including consumer acquisition, % actives, repeat/retention rates, data enrichment across ACD.
- Oversee lifecycle marketing strategies which identify valuable consumers and opportunities that drive increased engagement and revenue
- Serve as a CRM business intelligence leader, utilizing analytics to drive customer-centric action plans
- Management and development of CRM team
- Partner with Legal and the Data Governance Council to seek approval for use cases, and ensure proper controls are in place where use cases are approved as needed
- Partner with media team & marketing to work on data-activation innovation projects with key external partners like Google, Facebook, Amazon on cutting edge pilots
Tech Focused Key Accountabilities:
- Liaise with DDM tech Product Owner and Digital IT to collaborate on product releases, timeline, priority consolidation for each division, and QA as needed
- Create and lead the development of division level analytics, segmentation analysis, and other analytical techniques to improve consumer insight, retention and loyalty
- Be the divisional expert for all data-related questions and stay up-to-date on US policies, regulations and innovations in the industry that effect our business.
- Must have proven track record in driving CRM strategies, opt-ins, database growth, digital engagement, ecommerce sales, and analytics across channels
- Strong presentation skills and a particular aptitude for synthesizing complex material so that it is clear, meaningful and actionable to a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent teamwork skills
- A facilitator and collaborator; able to work in fast-paced, demanding environment
- Advanced analytical skills and in-depth database segmentation experience
- Big-picture thinker and experience in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Must possess excellent creative, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and present to all levels of the organization, including top management.
- Ability to think strategically and create a bigger picture vision for ethical and standardized data collection, while evangelizing that vision across the portfolio of brands
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Business Management. MBA preferred, not required.
- 8+ years relevant industry experience with 5+ years of experience in consumer-centric CRM, data strategy, digital marketing, SaaS, project management or implementation consulting.
- Beauty industry experience a plus, especially skincare. Interest in skincare a must
- Team leadership experience required
The DDM Director will report directly to the SVP, Digital Marketing & Ecommerce for ACD, with a dotted reporting line to the L’Oreal CMO team’s VP of Data Driven Marketing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.