Provide mechanical engineering and project management expertise to the EHS manufacturing team. Responsible for both short term and long-term facilities projects that support the infrastructure and operation of the 820,000 square foot facility. Responsible for the management of the Equipment Safety Validation processes for the entire manufacturing facility. This position is also responsible for participating in Risk Assessment for installations and processes within the plant. Provide engineering advice and counsel to engineering peers within the operations environment relative to the interface of processing/packaging line equipment and the facility.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Decisions made by the Safety Validation Engineer can directly impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environment and Morale. They must make these decisions with only intermittent involvement from Supervision based on the knowledge gained from their trainings.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve safety throughout the facility.
- Develop systematic processes to manage multiple types of equipment in the plant
- Develop timelines or schedules to ensure that equipment validation is manageable throughout the year
- Conduct trend analysis of near misses and safety improvement opportunities to determine equipment safety gaps.
- Subject matter expert when safety incidents occur involving equipment malfunction or design
- Develop scope of work for various short and long-term facilities projects.
- Work with contractors/vendors to estimate project work and budgets.
- Present project justification to management for approval.
- Develop and manage project budgets, schedules and resources.
- Coordinate with division engineering as necessary.
- Coordinate with operations engineers, supervisors, manager, and employees as necessary to facilitate project completion.
- Train personnel on changes associated with project work.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Mechanical Engineering degree strongly preferred. Chemical Engineering or Safety disciplines also preferred.
- 3-5 plus year’s relevant facilities engineering experience in a manufacturing enveironment.
- Strong AutoCAD skills.
- Experience supporting a distribution/operations environment.
- Project Management experience required. Certification is desired.
- Professional Engineer certification is desired.
- Additional state certifications and/or licenses a plus.
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
· Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Courage to stop operation of equipment when deemed unsafe;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.